Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Slate’s house from the Flintstones? Anyway, very creative; but it’s going to be a tough sell due to its design and drab location. Frank Lloyd Wright’s influence is seen in the built-in furniture and integration into the local landscape.

It’s a good thing that rain and snow is minimal to non-existent there as I’ll bet flashing the place against leaks was a nightmare.

Even though the place was started in 1988 and finished in 1993; I’ll bet it cost more than $3-million to build.

Matt

Subject: Bev Doolittle house

From a friend in So. Cal. Definitely not cookie-cutter!

This house belongs to a friend's brother and sister in law and is in the town of Joshua Tree-right next to Twentynine Palms. The design is just amazingly creative. I remember when they were building it and it took years and years to complete. I'd always wanted to see it from the inside and this video shows so much. I'd never want to live in it because it seems too big and cold but it's fascinating to see in the video. It belongs to Bev and Jay Doolittle and is on the market for just $3 million if you're interested. Bev is a well known painter.

TTK Represents - Organic Modern Estate

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Says page cannot be displayed. :-(

·
Premium Member
7,883 Posts
Looks really neat. Price tag is a bit high though.

Farmgirl, I opened it in a new tab and it played.

Familar with the area, I was stationed at 29 stumps. I couldn't say that this place is "cool". At least 9 months out of the year.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Did you get it to work FG?
Worked this morning. Thanks.

I liked to "pool/tub", but the rest of it is just blah. I can see where it would have a price tag, due to materials, but I would never pay somebody to come up with that design! Maybe I'm just a simple country girl, but that house holds no glamour for me.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That was pretty cool, but completely non-functional for a person like me in a place like PA. I would love to know if the owners did much of the work, or paid for someone to do all of it. If they paid people to do all of it, I would say it cost well over 3 million.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My guess is that the owners hired peons to do the work. After all, big picture arteests have more important things to do than manual grunt work.

Actually, looking at the house's design; unless someone is very skilled in numerous trades, it would be tough to construct such a structure as a DIY project and still meet the excessive regulatory requirements of Banifornia.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My guess is that the owners hired peons to do the work. After all, big picture arteests have more important things to do than manual grunt work.

Actually, looking at the house's design; unless someone is very skilled in numerous trades, it would be tough to construct such a structure as a DIY project and still meet the excessive regulatory requirements of Banifornia.
How can you speak so critical of my favorite state of fruits and nuts? :lol: Just kidding of course. I always joke with my relatives in Oregon that their state became Califoregon.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
California is a beautiful place ruined by too damn many people! Unfortunately Colorado is following in its footsteps by becoming Banorado. The latest proposal at the capitol is to ban teenagers under 18 from using tanning beds.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
The latest proposal at the capitol is to ban teenagers under 18 from using tanning beds.
That is what parents are for and should be making these kind of choices for the children.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
California is a beautiful place ruined by too damn many people! Unfortunately Colorado is following in its footsteps by becoming Banorado. The latest proposal at the capitol is to ban teenagers under 18 from using tanning beds.
At what age can they buy marijuana?

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is what parents are for and should be making these kind of choices for the children.
Exactly! We don't need the nanny-state making these decision.

At what age can they buy marijuana?
Like booze and cigarettes, it's 21. However; I feel that if you can vote and go die for your country in the military at 18; you sure as hell should be able light up and have a beer at 18.

·
Premium Member
7,883 Posts
Parenting was outlawed many years ago. Those that still insist on trying to parent are sued, fined, and/or jailed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That was pretty cool, but completely non-functional for a person like me in a place like PA.
X2, 3 million and no place to park the JD, really?

·
Registered
980 Posts
It's kind of like living on the set of Star Trek, I could only watch the first minute. Where are the trees?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts