Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 1025r with 54D deck. Went to install a mulch kit and this is what my deck looks like. The black plastic kit does not fit. Does anyone have a deck that looks like this. And if so do you have any idea what mulch kit will fit. My local Dealer has no idea. Looks like all I need is something to block the grass shoot and encapsulate the blade by the grass shoot. Please help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Since you have a 2020 model, I seem to recall Deere Changed the decks on the 2020s.
I know my 54" deck on my 2020 2025R is the newer style and there is a mulch kit for the newer style decks, I have one for mine.

Here is a couple screen caps off my 2025Rs sales contract, maybe these part numbers will help.
Rectangle Font Parallel Brand Pattern

Rectangle Font Pattern Circle Electric blue

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Magenta

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Reactions: stevenk

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,734 Posts
Thanks just looked at it. That’s what I need. Do you install it or had it done at dealer.
It's very easy to install... only a couple of bolts and swapping the blades.

Reactions: TheOtherChris

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Thanks just looked at it. That’s what I need. Do you install it or had it done at dealer.
It was already installed when they delivered the tractor. I assume they installed it at the dealer.

I have the load and go kit as well, and since I bought it in the fall I had to take it back off to set it up for my fall cleanup with the my TKV20 bagger vac system. I agree with MarkeagleUSA that it is pretty easy, especially if you have the load n go on the deck to lift it up to nice height to work on it.

You don’t want a mulch kit for sucking up leaves standard blades or high lift blades are generally preferred for sucking up leaves .

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Never mind I see it. Thanks I will look it up.
I would make sure that’s different from the part number they sold you. I would assume if it didn’t fit it was for the older deck. But I suppose it is possible they ordered the new style since you have a 2020, and for some reason yours has an older style deck on it. This sort of thing happens more often in years they make changes to stuff like this. If then the kit I have then odds are you do have the newer deck and need the same kit I have.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
this business of mulching is kinda over rated, methinks....did it for years using an X300R (look it up)...it got me a pretty lawn everytime I used it.....the collection bin/bag was a pita & requires a place to dump when it's full & shuts the mower blades down & you have to dump it...which I could do easily from the tractor seat into a place of my choice.....that said...the 60D with G5's does an incredible job of weed wacking ( a better term for mowing my lawn) & I do it in half the time now......slow ground speed, high blade tip speed......gonna be trying a couple of other blade styles shortly.....we're getting leaves now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts