Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had in mind that I needed to change the oil in my 790 so I went into the shed to make sure I had a filter. I found a filter but it looked like it was for the hydraulic/transmission rather than the oil. Unfortunately, I didn't write the "fits" on the box so then I went to look in the manual to check. Well, dang it seems I changed the engine oil about 60 hours ago and had forgotten it. I did realize that I'm due for a transmission/hydraulic change in another 50 hours or so. I need to get some more hyguard for that.

I must be getting old, can't remember what I've done. Thank goodness I remembered to write it down!

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome to my world. Every day is "Oh boy, we get to play this fn game again." :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
You aren't alone. my wife claims I am getting bad, but I think its her memory not me She hasn't any patience anymore with the kids around :dunno::dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,829 Posts
My wife is the one who scares me sometimes, she can set her phone, car keys or anything for that matter down and literally within seconds forget where she put it. :dunno:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Cooking some bacon this morning, my last batch was about done & I thought I turned burner off, went the opposite way & put it on high. I walked away, sat down in living room to watch tv & then smelt it burning. Smoke was rolling out of pan! It’s a wonder it did not combust, like my wife did when the smoke got her out of bed. :nunu:

·
Premium Member
6,108 Posts
My wife is the one who scares me sometimes, she can set her phone, car keys or anything for that matter down and literally within seconds forget where she put it. :dunno:
Loosing your car keys isn't a big deal, it's forgetting what to do with them when you find them that's concerning! :banghead:

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm not taking any meds, maybe I need some?

Treefarmer
This particular over the counter prescription comes highly recommended in the "cuttin firewood" thread. So much so that I bought a 1 ounce bottle to sample and I gave it to my wife to try and never got it back. Friday night I bought her a quart bottle on the way home and after giving it to her she showed me a smaller bottle she bought on the way home half gone. It's Pappas fault. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good for a cough?

This particular over the counter prescription comes highly recommended in the "cuttin firewood" thread. So much so that I bought a 1 ounce bottle to sample and I gave it to my wife to try and never got it back. Friday night I bought her a quart bottle on the way home and after giving it to her she showed me a smaller bottle she bought on the way home half gone. It's Pappas fault. :laugh:
I've used bourbon with honey and lemon for a cough, Fireball should be good for something. I might have to try the 1 oz size before going bigger.

I can't say that "likker" makes my memory any better. In my younger days, I might have forgotten a night or two. There might have been one or two others that I'd like to forget. . .

Treefarmer

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Meds

"Getting old sucks," as my Mom used to say. My wife concerns me too, especially with all the damn meds she's on. :banghead:
I'm pretty sure my mother in law shortened her life with meds. She was on a pain patch, got up in the middle of the night and fell, breaking her hip. It was pretty much down hill from there.

Treefarmer

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,793 Posts
That's called "Being Busy". My wife is that way also. She stays very busy at work, then when she comes home she has her regular house-work to do.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
My wife apparently likes the stuff. She says she doesn't but I keep buying it. :dunno:

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's not that I'm anymore forgetful than I was when I was younger; what worries me now is that I have a reason!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Don't feel bad I'm the same way. I am to the point where I bought a label maker and put oil/hydraulic change hour stickers on my dash. I usually go and write the hours on the filter also with a paint marker.

Just changed the oil in my jeep and the date on the filter said Aug 2010 but the mileage put on was less than 2k. I honestly did not think it was 7 years since I changed the oil.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I always say that I can remember things from 30 years ago clearly, but I don't remember what I did yesterday!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts