Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The ROPS basket is kind of a love-hate thing. It's extraordinarly useful, but it was expensive, and it makes getting access to the rear-diff area difficult, occasionally painful. I notice it most when attaching a shaft-driven implement to the rear PTO. OTOH, I keep a lot if stuff back there and I'm not sure where I'd carry it otherwise. Amazon.com: Great Day TT400 Tractor Tool-Tray: Automotive. It would probably be pretty easy to make one out of some aluminum bar stock, some U-bolts, and a plastic milk crate or similar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I can definitely see the usefulness of that basket, but I also can see the downsides. That’s one I’ll hold off on for a bit.

The 2” receiver under the PTO looks like a good add-on. I have a boat and trailer and both seem to always need to move somewhere else for some reason. Plus that “hitch” with the clevis seems ideal for yanking out these cursed mulberries!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I’ve got the ROPS basket and I don’t have an issue seeing what’s going in behind me at all. The only issue is not being able to reach back to open/close the iMatch levers without having to get off the machine. For me it’s no big deal - the benefits of having a place to store all my crap outweigh that one downside.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I can definitely see the usefulness of that basket, but I also can see the downsides. That’s one I’ll hold off on for a bit.

The 2” receiver under the PTO looks like a good add-on. I have a boat and trailer and both seem to always need to move somewhere else for some reason. Plus that “hitch” with the clevis seems ideal for yanking out these cursed mulberries!
Yeah, the ROPS basket is a two-edge sword. If I was going to do it again, I'd cobble one myself...would be a lot cheaper and I'd make it so that I could see better, quick banging my head on it, and the top link of the 3-pt hitch didn't hit it at full up. Useful, yes...but with downsides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The good news is my shed has sufficient overhead clearance that I won’t have to lower the ROPS to go in and out.

I don’t want to pay the cost now for what I see as a luxury, but I do see putting a canopy on it in the long run. A cab would be neat at times, but super annoying others, so I don’t see going that route. A canopy on the ROPS eventually is something I do plan to do. Even for winter, I find I often am clearing snow while there’s snow/sleet/rain coming down and a cover to reduce that wouldn’t be a bad thing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts