Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a MX5 and currenly have a Frontier RC60. I have a JD4400 and wondered if there would be any difficulties in use. I know the weight is 823 vs 590. Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a MX5 behind a 2038R and love it. I got the heavier cutter to handle brush and saplings. The RC2060 is great for pasture mowing but not brush mowing in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,550 Posts
I think it comes down to what you’ll be cutting. The MX-5 is built to much heavier specs. That said, I have the RC2060 and only cut pastures and fields not worthy of making hay and it gives a tremendously great quality of cut.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I solved my own problem....traded the RC60 for the MX5. Both were like new, I bought the RC60 in December and the seller's unit was bought by his 83 yr. old Father used 20 hrs..both like new. Anyway went and traded units....paid $400 boot. I found the MX5 heavier but more stable in use with excellent mowing results. Mowed some really heavy grass. It has a high deck volume to digest cuttings. Both had all the safety chains. The seller emailed and really likes the RC60 as he had a 3203 which is lighter than my 4400. It wound up being a win win situation. I used to own a MX72 and was familiar with units. The MX is more of the upgraded name brand unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts