Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

I have decided to not keep my 1025r. We moved to a smaller property and I need something more garage friendly. Located in Iowa.

I bought brand new and has only been used for myself, not commercially on less than an acre. I’m looking to trade my barely used 1025r (autoconnect 60D and slightly larger quick disconnect loader) for your 2017-2018 X758 with 54in deck with snowblower. There is no loan on my machine and I am ready to go.

I live 2 hours away from my 1025r. I am heading to our home for sale where it is parked to see where the hours are. A family member has been running it this winter to keep our home for sale driveway clear. Should be around 40 hours on the meter and I can confirm that today.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

Kind regards,
Todd

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Iowa and have a 2012 x740 with new HDAP rear tires. I never seem to get stuck with it so I never even have to push the locking differential foot pedal. I'd be willing to trade with cash on my end. It has a 62" deck. Let me know if that is of any interest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Iowa and have a 2012 x740 with new HDAP rear tires. I never seem to get stuck with it so I never even have to push the locking differential foot pedal. I'd be willing to trade with cash on my end. It has a 62" deck. Let me know if that is of any interest.
I appreciate the offer. I am in the market for a later model. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Todd,

What are you using on the 1025r to clear snow, the FEL bucket, a FEL mounted blade, a front quick hitch snow plow blade or front mounted blower?

The reason I ask is because the quick hitch mounted plow or blower will work on the x758 but the actual quick hitch is different on the x758. Also, the PTO shaft from the blower itself to the tractor front drive shaft is different, but changing that is not a big deal. It would save you taking the financial hit on the snow blower if you already have one. The correct PTO shaft is around $300 if memory serves me.

Any thoughts on the cash price on your machine if you were to sell it outright? What exactly would be included (the snow moving equipment, mounts, etc.....?)

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Todd,

What are you using on the 1025r to clear snow, the FEL bucket, a FEL mounted blade, a front quick hitch snow plow blade or front mounted blower?

The reason I ask is because the quick hitch mounted plow or blower will work on the x758 but the actual quick hitch is different on the x758. Also, the PTO shaft from the blower itself to the tractor front drive shaft is different, but changing that is not a big deal. It would save you taking the financial hit on the snow blower if you already have one. The correct PTO shaft is around $300 if memory serves me.

Any thoughts on the cash price on your machine if you were to sell it outright? What exactly would be included (the snow moving equipment, mounts, etc.....?)

Thanks.
It was used to mow. Snow removal is done with FEL but my old driveway is maybe 60 feet. I can’t imagine more than 10mins is added to the tach when the tractor is used in cleaning up the driveway. It looks like my tractor on tractorhouse with around 75-100 hours is going for 15-15.5k. I have quick disconnect and bigger loader with half those hours so my cash price would be around the same as the lesser higher hour machines.
-Thanks SB

·
Registered
390 Posts
Now this isn't a switch you see that often I imagine. Good luck in your hunt, I love my X758. I don't think I'd step down to a 54 inch deck though. I wish I could fit a 72 inch deck under mine lmao.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now this isn't a switch you see that often I imagine. Good luck in your hunt, I love my X758. I don't think I'd step down to a 54 inch deck though. I wish I could fit a 72 inch deck under mine lmao.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It is not a common switch. I was happy to purchase it and happy to own it. The tell tale is that I have only put a couple dozen hours on it. I purchased the buffet when a snack would of been just fine. I want a smaller deck as I am in the club of enjoying as much seat time as allowable. I also have a gt245 with the 44inch piranha deck that might also be for sale. I want the smaller deck to extend the time I get to mow! ?. New place does not have the garage space so this seems like the best move for the John Deere needs/wants.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Good morning!

I have decided to not keep my 1025r. We moved to a smaller property and I need something more garage friendly. Located in Iowa.

I bought brand new and has only been used for myself, not commercially on less than an acre. I’m looking to trade my barely used 1025r (autoconnect 60D and slightly larger quick disconnect loader) for your 2017-2018 X758 with 54in deck with snowblower. There is no loan on my machine and I am ready to go.

I live 2 hours away from my 1025r. I am heading to our home for sale where it is parked to see where the hours are. A family member has been running it this winter to keep our home for sale driveway clear. Should be around 40 hours on the meter and I can confirm that today.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

Kind regards,
Todd
Since Your In Iowa You should talk to this Deere dealer they specialize In Late Model Used Deere's( mostly Deere employee Trade's ) John Deere Dealership Roeder Outdoor Power I Bet they would be willing to Make a even Trade with You I would Call and ask for Jerry or Casey :bigthumb:

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,404 Posts
If you're happy with the 1025 and need space, sell the FEL, remove the 3pt lift arms . When all is said and done only a few inches of difference in size. :dunno: Then if you ever want a tiller or rear attachment you have your lift arms. I'll till the garden and then I'll remove the lift arms till time to dig the potatoes in the fall. Gives me a 15" or so more space in the building, plus while mowing , can back up closer to a fence or building.

I posted the other day , I hate installing the driveover deck on the x738 for me its a PIA. I take it off at least 3 -4 times during mowing season and for me I'm not impressed .
Yes both are driveover , but for some reason, guessing series 1 has the guide bar for your tire :dunno:, Then still seems old fashioned needed to connect the front lift bracket on the x compared to not needing to on the series 1.
Every time I go to remove the deck on the x I will forget to remove that front bracket. Admit better and easier than rolling the deck out from under the x590 Harley had till he bought the x738.

·
Premium Member
14,404 Posts
If you're happy with the 1025 and need space, sell the FEL, remove the 3pt lift arms . When all is said and done only a few inches of difference in size. :dunno: Then if you ever want a tiller or rear attachment you have your lift arms. I'll till the garden and then I'll remove the lift arms till time to dig the potatoes in the fall. Gives me a 15" or so more space in the building, plus while mowing , can back up closer to a fence or building. If all else fails, remove the bucket from FEL , stand it on end in a corner, remove FEL at normal parking spot and then just park the 1025 between the fel arms.
You still have FEL if and when it is needed , you still have 3pt when needed. Heck I live on less than a acre, but every once in a while I find a need for the FEL or 3pt.

I posted the other day , I hate installing the driveover deck on the x738 for me its a PIA. I take it off at least 3 -4 times during mowing season and for me I'm not impressed .
Yes both are driveover , but for some reason, guessing series 1 has the guide bar for your tire :dunno:, Then still seems old fashioned needed to connect the front lift bracket on the x compared to not needing to on the series 1.
Every time I go to remove the deck on the x I will forget to remove that front bracket. Admit better and easier than rolling the deck out from under the x590 Harley had till he bought the x738.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts