Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a fat old man I had been using a plastic folding step to get on the 1025r. I had a string attached to it so I could throw it out of the way after I was in the saddle. This was fine in the garage but if I had to get off outside I was screwed!! So I watch all the other people doing steps on the 2 series and I thought why not. I ordered The Deere step and went to work, I found out the 1 series has no support where I needed it. I thought maybe just red rill holes in the step mount and get longer 10mm bolts in the floorboard. Tried this and only 1/2" of the step showed, not enough to get my shoe in. Then I got a heavy piece of aluminum channel and cut it to fit under the floorboard then drilled it to fit the bolt wholes. Then I drilled wholes for the step has far front has possible. It turned out pretty nice but it flexes just a bit with my 420lbs on it. It showed the full step I have used it several time and it help more geTtong off the tractor. It's a little low I'll see if the mower clears it if not just two bolts and it comes off. Then I will have the owner to use for a step.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,906 Posts
Nice :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
:bigthumb: as long as it helps u-were happy:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Cool !! That's a good idea !! :bigbeer:

·
Administrator
18,313 Posts
Any chance of a picture from underneath?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Looks good. Might be right in that sweet spot or just out of it for the mower to work with it.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
If you think clearance maybe a problem, you could replace the vertical legs of the steps with some multi-ply rubber belt---like that they utilize for extending the impeller blades in the snowthrower mod thread. I've seen this on heavy equipment steps.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
That looks really nice! As others has said, it looks as if it came from the assembly line with the step already installed.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update-- I had to remove it when the mower is on but this fall when I convert over to plowing it will go back on.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It holds me at 420lbs it will hold anyone. When I put it back on I will take pictures of the mounting.

·
Premium Member
12,755 Posts
Where did u order your step from? I would like to put this exact step set up on my 1025r! Ive looked all over on internet and cant find it.
It's a step for a 3038E. #13 LVU18332 $20.65

LVU18332.jpg

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the one. I ordered it from Green Farm parts. I had to take it off for the mower but then I have the mower to step on. I used a piece of aluminum Chanel has a spacer because with out it only about 1/4 showed not enough to get my boot in. Mine is a 2016 model don't know if they changed anything. At 425lbs there it a little flex but not to bad. Good luck I hope it works out well for you:good2::good2:

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I attached the step to the piece of channel then attached the channel thru the holes for the floor mat. I will try and get pictures this evening.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Very nice install looks great:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts