Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first tractor a 1025R will be here Saturday. I have read on here where people recommend checking fluid levels, etc. Can anyone tell me what else I should check before the delivery person leaves to be safe? I have heard sometimes the hyd fluid level might not be full or grease fittings not greased. This is a big investment for me and I am just trying to make sure I ask the right questions. Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
825 Posts
My first tractor a 1025R will be here Saturday. I have read on here where people recommend checking fluid levels, etc. Can anyone tell me what else I should check before the delivery person leaves to be safe? I have heard sometimes the hyd fluid level might not be full or grease fittings not greased. This is a big investment for me and I am just trying to make sure I ask the right questions. Thanks for all your help!
Did you not get a pre-delivery checklist?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No where do I get that?

Did you not get a pre-delivery checklist?

Is the dealer suppose to provide that or did someone on here come up with one to help us new guys out?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
825 Posts
Is the dealer suppose to provide that or did someone on here come up with one to help us new guys out?
Dealer may provide one, I received one, I mainly checked fluids, tire pressure and anything obvious. The warranty should cover anything else.

My tire pressure was too high and hydraulic fluid was overfilled, which you may not be able to check while the driver is on site.

Mine was sitting in the front yard when I got home from work, the delivery drivers have a very loaded schedule from what I understand.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Talk with salesperson before then. My delivery person too kind mower deck off and reinstalled it twice and same for the enloader. He was here about two hours showing me how to do it. Then he had to come back because he forgot the ballast box. I was very happy with my delivery. :good2::good2:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just wanted the basic controls pointed out, and then for the delivery person to leave so that I could PLAY WITH MY NEW TOY!
:greentractorride:

Realistically, most of the things that I see posted in response to similar questions, like "check the tire pressures" can wait until you and the tractor are alone and you can work in peace. Just make sure you have the tractor manual, and the manuals for the loader, mower, and anything else you bought. Even though they are on line, I like working on machinery from the paper manual rather than a computer screen.

I did get a delivery checklist with the delivery. It had been completed by the person at the dealership who prepared the tractor for delivery. That's your documentation that the dealer certifies that everything is correctly set up for you. I suppose you could have the delivery person repeat it item by item with you.

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
If you are getting an MMM and it is at all possible, I would recommend trying to actually mow some with it before accepting. Nothing on mine was set up right or adjusted right when delivered, was pretty much useless for mowing the first season.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ensure all fluid levels are good, tire pressures, loose or missing hardware, cosmetic damage anywhere (dents, scratches, cracks, etc.). They should demonstrate the basic functions and removal / installation of any implements that you may of purchased with the tractor. And make sure you get all your paper work and manuals for everything. Congratulations and enjoy your new purchase, hope to see some pictures! :bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts