Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,222 Posts
Sweet!

Once you get used to the controls it is not only easy, it is darn right fun.

Z's make a MMM on a tractor down right boring.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Congrats. I just bought a used Z960R, which was replaced by the Z970R. At 1350#, it is no lightweight.

Dave

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,828 Posts
Got the call that my new Z970r with 72" deck was ready for pickup yesterday.
Next up...

A few weeks ago I ordered one of these after many years of frustration, it seems they are on back order.
I had a similar one on our Toro ZMaster.

·
Premium Member
14,222 Posts
I ordered one of these after many years of frustration, but it seems they are on back order.
When you do finally get one, remember to raise it before you take off across the driveway.....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Looks nice. I elected to go gasless. Almost bought a top rated Toro ZT but went with the Ryobi 42 inch battery one. Due to arrive June 2 from Home Depot. Got a Ryobi 40v 21 inch walkbehind and a Ryobi 40v trimmer. Both very powerful. Sold the old JD 14SB and holding off on selling the Honda HRR216VLA until the Ryobi ZTR arrives. Got rid of the Kobalt 40v brushed motor stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Looks nice. I elected to go gasless. Almost bought a top rated Toro ZT but went with the Ryobi 42 inch battery one. Due to arrive June 2 from Home Depot. Got a Ryobi 40v 21 inch walkbehind and a Ryobi 40v trimmer. Both very powerful. Sold the old JD 14SB and holding off on selling the Honda HRR216VLA until the Ryobi ZTR arrives. Got rid of the Kobalt 40v brushed motor stuff.
Anxious to read your review

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,802 Posts
BRAND NEW AND YOU ALREADY LEFT IT OUT IN THE RAIN?
That's a special effects illustration photo, just like when the swim suit models are laying in the surf......It's meant to illustrate it's ruggedness.............Any mower can get photographed "dry"........Plus the non reflecting light because of the overcast makes the picture look special............That is a very good looking machine..

I would imagine the OP has the 72" deck on his 2038R that he replaced. If he is going from a 60" deck to the 72", he just needs to watch for the rolling or undulating areas in the lawn as the bigger deck will scuff the surface much easier............

Seriously, you are going to LOVE the Zero Turn and will be amazed at the speed of the cut and the results. Did you get a striping kit on the deck? They really provide a nice definition to the lawn when done cutting.

I use the Kenny Oblong Ring Straps to pick up my Zero Turn for cleaning the deck and changing blades. Throw a strap around each of the front wheel struts and hook the rings to the KBOH on your bucket and tip the mower right up. That way, there is nothing in your way when working across the front of the deck nor any brackets added to the mower........of course, make sure to have a safety back up system to avoid having the 1,500 pound mower landing on you when laying under it.

I also like to use the 5 gallon wood paint stir sticks to clean under the deck. Stiff enough to handle the task by the rounded wood ends won't score the paint under the mower and lead to rust, etc. Plus the 5 gallon stir sticks are plenty long to reach under the deck and keep your arm and hand from under the machine...........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Darn that thing looks NICE. (y) Good luck with it.
Thank you.

WOW! That thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Making me rethink why I went with the X750 instead of one of these!
Thank you. I was going to go with the Z997r but went gas instead.

very nice you will knock the grass out with it 👍
First time really mowing with it today. Very comfortable ride and the best cut I've cut yet with any equipment.

Sweet!
Once you get used to the controls it is not only easy, it is darn right fun.
Z's make a MMM on a tractor down right boring.
Put 2 hours of mowing on it today. I love it! Controls are SENSITIVE.

Sounds like you made one heck of a great upgrade/replacement. Very nice indeed!
Thank you.

Next up...
View attachment 786547

A few weeks ago I ordered one of these after many years of frustration, it seems they are on back order.
I had a similar one on our Toro ZMaster.
I'm thinking of using my front loader and chains on my JD 2038r.

When you do finally get one, remember to raise it before you take off across the driveway.....
Noted.

Fine looking ZT. (y)
Thank you.

BRAND NEW AND YOU ALREADY LEFT IT OUT IN THE RAIN?
Sprinkled the day I brought it home. It'll be spending time in a instant shelter.

That's a special effects illustration photo, just like when the swim suit models are laying in the surf......It's meant to illustrate it's ruggedness.............Any mower can get photographed "dry"........Plus the non reflecting light because of the overcast makes the picture look special.That is a very good looking machine.. I would imagine the OP has the 72" deck on his 2038R that he replaced. If he is going from a 60" deck to the 72", he just needs to watch for the rolling or undulating areas in the lawn as the bigger deck will scuff the surface much easier.Seriously, you are going to LOVE the Zero Turn and will be amazed at the speed of the cut and the results. Did you get a striping kit on the deck? They really provide a nice definition to the lawn when done cutting.
I use the Kenny Oblong Ring Straps to pick up my Zero Turn for cleaning the deck and changing blades. Throw a strap around each of the front wheel struts and hook the rings to the KBOH on your bucket and tip the mower right up. That way, there is nothing in your way when working across the front of the deck nor any brackets added to the mower........of course, make sure to have a safety back up system to avoid having the 1,500 pound mower landing on you when laying under it. I also like to use the 5 gallon wood paint stir sticks to clean under the deck. Stiff enough to handle the task by the rounded wood ends won't score the paint under the mower and lead to rust, etc. Plus the 5 gallon stir sticks are plenty long to reach under the deck and keep your arm and hand from under the machine...........
It's all about the modeling. It is the 72" deck. Mostly mowing a former horse pasture so no striping needed. Thanks for the tips on lifting for maintenance.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Do you have any slopes? Got the Ryobi ZT480e about 3 days ago. Went scooting down a compound slope on it into my neighbor's tall grass. Didn't hit any of his little scotch pines.

Thing climbs like a goat. Have seen videos where they advocate backing down when a fence or pond is at the bottom of a slope to be mown. Controls are VERY sensitive. Have seen one video with a guy using one hand on both controls when going straight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have any slopes? Got the Ryobi ZT480e about 3 days ago. Went scooting down a compound slope on it into my neighbor's tall grass. Didn't hit any of his little scotch pines.
Thing climbs like a goat. Have seen videos where they advocate backing down when a fence or pond is at the bottom of a slope to be mown. Controls are VERY sensitive. Have seen one video with a guy using one hand on both controls when going straight.
Nope...all flat here. We have an areas in the old pasture that has 2 ruts about 5" deep that I'll be filling with soil and leveling out when I get my 2038r back from JD service. They've ordered the 3rd replacement actuator under warranty for the 60d MMM.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I run the Ryobi ZT always with the "low speed" button lit. Don't really have enough room nor flat enough to open it up.

One of the trails that is on a cut made into the near bottom of the slope, there's a part where there are a lot of tree roots, and it slopes away slightly to a big dropoff. No way I'm taking the ZT onto that trail. I very slowly and carefully take the JD bush hog over it. The other part of the trail loop is along the creek and flat. Should be able to do that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.