36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old, now you see it now you don't.

IMG_0012_1.jpg IMG_0018_1.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two bags of Sakrete in each hole, then one biscuit of concrete 6" by 18" then the Perma column.

IMG_0059_1.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Midday Day 4
Slow going now with all the trim work. I was glad to see the splash board go up. I had them make it wider on the plans a few weeks ago as to keep the metal a little further from the ground. I would rather see more of the splash board than look at rust a few years down the road.

IMG_0084_1.jpg IMG_0085_1.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
End of Day 4.
Got done at 10:30 at night.....I was shot!. It was nothing short of a marathon around here for 4 days.

IMG_0086_1.jpg IMG_0087_1.jpg IMG_0088_1.jpg

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
Beautiful building Giz, thanks for posting up the pics.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To put the pole building into perspective with relation to the house.

IMG_0108_1.jpg

The boys supervise all the time, outside or inside.

IMG_0102_1.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,433 Posts
That's a vast improvement over the original. Since you'll be doing the concrete floor at a later date...don't load the building up with too much stuff that's a pain to move.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Very nice up-grade. The concrete will really finish it off. I was keeping an eye on that hydrant, made it all the way through construction and then suddenly disappeared. :unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice up-grade. The concrete will really finish it off. I was keeping an eye on that hydrant, made it all the way through construction and then suddenly disappeared. :unknown:
Yeah RandyM it's the polack in me displaying itself. The plan was to move the hydrant. We did all that work and worked around it carful not to damage it then I was thinking (I guess I don't do that very well), "why in the world would I move a 20 year old hydrant", so we cut it off :banghead:. Leave it to you to catach that.:lol:

Now the wife does not want it anyway. When we had 4 horses to supply water for it was one thing. With only 1 horse now we fill the tub we moved down by the other barn as we don't need to keep such a close eye on the water level, hard to keep up with 4 horses drinking vs 1.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually Randy I think KennyD told me to leave the hydrant.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Great building! Thanks for the post and pix, looking forward to concrete in the spring.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Just Awesome Giz............

If you've followed my post in "Off Topic", I'm in the midst of a Barn Project, From the roots up, literally! From tree cutting, log hauling, milling, etc, etc, etc! You should be very proud of that structure, and in short order to boot! Beautiful!!!!!!!! ~Scotty

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well boys, concrete goes in tomorrow.
dieselshadow, rgd, If you guys show up I'll make you both a set of shoes and then we can take a swim.

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
I guess you have been busy!

You should be proud of that building so far. It looks really nice!

As far as helping, I'd be glad to.:thumbup1gif: I'll need 2 first class round trip airfare tickets, a limo from and to both airports, and 4 star accommodations for the time I'll be there. RGD is easier, he says he would only want a 1 star hotel. Preferably one that has hourly rates. :unknown: Oh, and plenty of ice cold adult beverages.:drinks:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts