Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2025r delivered today! I spent a couple of hours playing with it and couldn't be happier!
Looking forward to many hours using it.

I'm waiting on backhoe, grapple, box blade and toothbar but it works out well since I'm not sure where to put everything.

Note to people shopping for a tractor, think about where it'll go on your property and plan ahead not like I did!

Tire Wheel Snow Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Snow Vehicle

Tire Motor vehicle Plant Wheel Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Very Nice !!!
Congrats on the new machine !!!

Reactions: BigEV

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Congrats. Looks like you got it just in time!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Congrats :cool:

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Great looking tractor👍

·
Registered
2019 2025R with Loader, Backhoe, 54D Mower, Forks, Rear Snowblower, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, QH
131 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. I'll humbly add - great tractor! - since it looks exactly like mine does at the moment. I can already tell you that the Frontier is a beast in the snow. Very nice piece of gear. I traded out a front blower because I wanted the versatility of having the bucket/frame on at all times in the winter.

However, I am very jealous of your rear chute automation, which I gave up in the trade.

Suggestions:

1. Get a cheap and cheerful camera/display and mount it behind you for backup blowing work. I did this and I am going to find it very useful I believe. I mounted it on the back of my seat centred at the top of the "manual box" (which I use for small tools) and have the display in front of me just in front of the steering wheel. It really helps avoid looking back continuously when blowing. Even if you use it part of the time, like I expect to do, it saves some wear and tear on your neck and shoulders.

2. I also have inexpensive side mirrors I mounted on the holes at the top of the loader mounts - invaluable for any type of work involving backing up or simply seeing what is behind you winter, summer, spring and fall.

Reactions: Poppi and BigEV

·
Registered
796 Posts
My 2025r delivered today! I spent a couple of hours playing with it and couldn't be happier!
Looking forward to many hours using it.

I'm waiting on backhoe, grapple, box blade and toothbar but it works out well since I'm not sure where to put everything.

Note to people shopping for a tractor, think about where it'll go on your property and plan ahead not like I did!

View attachment 817515
View attachment 817517
View attachment 817516
Nice rig, at least you're ready for snow.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Awesome!!!

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Very nice👍Enjoy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looks great! Welcome from Wisconsin, still waiting for the first snow to take my new 2025r out. So far, dirt work, pallet moving, log moving, mowing...summer fun!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Nice! Congrats! 👍 😎

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on the new addition. I'll humbly add - great tractor! - since it looks exactly like mine does at the moment. I can already tell you that the Frontier is a beast in the snow. Very nice piece of gear. I traded out a front blower because I wanted the versatility of having the bucket/frame on at all times in the winter.

However, I am very jealous of your rear chute automation, which I gave up in the trade.

Suggestions:

1. Get a cheap and cheerful camera/display and mount it behind you for backup blowing work. I did this and I am going to find it very useful I believe. I mounted it on the back of my seat centred at the top of the "manual box" (which I use for small tools) and have the display in front of me just in front of the steering wheel. It really helps avoid looking back continuously when blowing. Even if you use it part of the time, like I expect to do, it saves some wear and tear on your neck and shoulders.

2. I also have inexpensive side mirrors I mounted on the holes at the top of the loader mounts - invaluable for any type of work involving backing up or simply seeing what is behind you winter, summer, spring and fall.
Thank you! Great suggestions. I was already planning on the mirrors but hadn't thought of a rear cam. Will definitely look into that!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She is a beauty. But what is the story on the rear hydraulic couplers? Is this your own design or has Deere changed options for bringing couplers to the rear of the tractor?
Yep I really I wanted a hydraulic height/direction adjustment for the chute on the snowblower. It's hooked up to the powerbeyond with two small levers attached to the ROPS. My dealer said that's how they do it now but not sure if it's "John Deere recommended" or just a local thing they do. I like this setup. Levers a right there on my right side and shouldn't be in the way for the backhoe.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.