Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from Trator Supply yesterday. My Fimco 3 point sprayer is in and I'll pick it up this afternoon. :yahoo: Pics to follow......stay tuned!!!

Reactions: ljnelson109

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,103 Posts
:munch:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's assembled..........mounted on the 2320.........tested.........ready to go. Took about 2 hours from start to finish. The wires that run to the battery were a few feet too short. I had some 14 guage wire laying around so I spliced some to the existing wires and it's good to go. So far I'm impressed with it. Here are the pics I promised.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Nice :beer: Aren't new toys great!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
363 Posts
That looks nice!!! What will you spray with it?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm using it to apply herbicide on my lawn.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nice looking unit sterling40man. I happened upon a '40' Saturday that was not picked up after a customer ordered it. I'm really liking it so far, I sent about 60 gallons of through it yesterday and it performed well enough. I wonder how great a higher gpm pump would do? The boom nozzles seem to douse pretty well even with a little bypassed back to the tank for agitation.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking unit sterling40man. I happened upon a '40' Saturday that was not picked up after a customer ordered it. I'm really liking it so far, I sent about 60 gallons of through it yesterday and it performed well enough. I wonder how great a higher gpm pump would do? The boom nozzles seem to douse pretty well even with a little bypassed back to the tank for agitation.

The nozzles do work very well and so does the wand. When I sprayed my lawn.........I kept my tractor in low range and sprayed full throttle at idle RPM's. It was just the right speed and it worked great. I have a pump here that has a little more gpm's..........but honestly............I don't think it'd work any better.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought the exact same sprayer at TSC last fall. It was a "Manager's Special". It had a hole in the bottom corner of the tank. They wanted $250 for it. I got it for $207. I took off the tank to repair it. I couldn't find any polyethelyne at work, so I took the next best thing, a ZIPLOCK BAG, and twisted it together, and using a propane torch, proceeded to weld the hole closed. A little ugly, but hey, it's on the bottom, and it works fine! I had a 15 gallon sprayer before, but I wanted the 10 ft boom. I hard wired the switch to my hi-low shifter. NICE sprayer!

·
Premium Member
8,073 Posts
And if you ever get the itch to modify your sprayer, feel free to use whatever you see on my FIMCO Frankensprayer that suits your needs.

By the way, any time I've ordered stuff from FIMCO they have been pleasant and easy to deal with. They have a real person answer the main switchboard instead of a blasted automated menu tree system.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110106108324823291002/FIMCOSprayer#

1 - 11 of 11 Posts