Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 291690 series 318 now for about 3 years and have constant electrical issues. I really want to like my JD tractor, but it's getting tougher everyday! :flag_of_truce:

·
Administrator
20,678 Posts
:wgtt:

There are lots of great folks here who can help with your problems.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,717 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Welcome, I've had my 318 for about a year now and it has taken a little maintenance here and there but look at the upside, you could be cutting the grass on a brand new Murray from Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Bull57,

Guess I replied to your other thread first, and was not aware your tractor is a 1984 model. Since you have the glass cylinder fuses and tubular fuse holders, you can greatly improve the reliability of your tractor by replacing them with the later style ATC style fuses. Here is an image from the TM1590 showing the serial number ranges and a picture of the two styles...
318 fuse rating by SN range.JPG 318 fuse location and rating.JPG

I can attach some smallish documents here that can help, but you need to get the full TM1590 manual if you do not already have it...The B43 engine manual from the Toro machines is very similar to the one in your tractor and was not part of a Deere manual (which are mostly copyrighted...)

View attachment PC1924_318.pdf

View attachment Onan B43 manual from Toro 62 & 220.pdf

Chuck

·
Registered
4,403 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts