Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 3-Point on my 3520 (2007, 1500 hours) has developed a problem where it will sag at a fairly fast rate. I typically keep a weight box on it and if the tractor is shut off, it will drop 1" per minute. If the tractor is running, it will adjust up about every 30 seconds to keep the set height. There aren't any external leaks, so I was wondering if this is typically a problem with a control valve, or an internal cylinder leak.
Thanks,
Jack
Fort Loramie, Ohio

·
Administrator
19,542 Posts
I'd suspect a issue with the cylinder, hopefully just a bad seal and not a scored bore or piston. Maybe 22 or 23?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd suspect a issue with the cylinder, hopefully just a bad seal and not a scored bore or piston. Maybe 22 or 23?
Thanks much for the information. Can this repair be done by in a well equipped home shop?
Jack

·
Administrator
19,542 Posts
Sure...get the tech manual first though, it will have detailed testing and repair procedures.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently my 3520 was reading this forum and decided to shape up, before I took wrenches to it. The past few days, the 3-point is acting normal again. I had changed out the hydraulic fluid last March and am wondering if there was an air pocket or similar in there?
If things stay the same, I'm calling it a self-healing fix.
Jack

Reactions: jasper04 and Kennyd
1 - 5 of 5 Posts