Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday I lost my best friend of 12 years. Gus was with me all the time. He was a French ton (part French bulldog and boston terrier.). He was the reason I bought the Gator, so he could have A/C in the summer and heat in the winter. He rode with me everywhere. He was with me when I pushed snow for the neighbors and the road next to us. The Gator will not be the same. Right now I can’t even drive the Gator because of him. For all of you that have companions like Gus, make sure you treasure every minute you have with them. Sorry if this is not in the right area but I had to express my deep sorrow my wife and I are dealing with right now.

·
Premium Member
12,673 Posts
Very sorry for your loss.

Gus will always be riding in your Gator as long as you have him in your heart.

·
Premium Member
8,713 Posts
Sorry to hear this and I completely understand. I agree, he will still be riding with you.

·
Registered
14,220 Posts
Sorry to hear about Gus. A lot of us on here know exactly how you feel. It is tough to get past losing a dog, especially one who has been a constant companion for years. I hope you can get to the point where you remember the experiences with him and laugh and enjoy the memories.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
I know the feeling. We lost our Barney a little over a year ago. He was 16. He left a big hole in our lives. We won’t have a Gator until next September when our order comes in so when we do feel it’s time for a new bud, they’ll have a prominent place riding in our Gator too.

·
Old Pa-pa
13,548 Posts
Sorry to hear this about your Gus.
My wife and I lost our Cheetah (Lab/Rottweiler mix) over 20 years ago, we still miss her.

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
We lost one that the next two did not "fill her shoes" good dogs, but not the same. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
13,540 Posts
628---sorry to hear about Gus ur riding partner. i know i would be devastated if something happened to Charley Boy-as the gator he pretty much owns it too. prayers for ur family 🙏

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank all of you for your support, it has been very tough, but we would not take back one day of the last 12 years we had with Gus, he was the best thing that happened to us. As I said before cherish every minute

1 - 11 of 11 Posts