Everything was packaged well:

SAM_0121.jpg

The goodies uncovered:

SAM_0124.jpg

Installed and ready to go:

SAM_0127.jpg

Now it's a quick-change artist:

SAM_0133.jpg

As many others here have said before, Artillian is a class act and great to do business with. The build quality looks second to none, everything fits great, and I even got some of the shipping charges refunded and a free gift. Thank you Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yeah Chris is a good guy to work with . You'll find all kinds of things to use the forks for !!! Enjoy :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
I really wish i had know about Artillian before i bought my JD frontier forks. i had mine for several yrs even befor ethe wife bought me this laptop to mess around on and pass time. someday i'm gonna sell mine and then get a set of these. way lighter than mine for sure. have fun and good luck with urs.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sweet ! Definitely on my wish list....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Those look great. I've got to get a set of these.

Reactions: ky_shawn and OxPath

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really wish i had know about Artillian before i bought my JD frontier forks. i had mine for several yrs even befor ethe wife bought me this laptop to mess around on and pass time. someday i'm gonna sell mine and then get a set of these. way lighter than mine for sure. have fun and good luck with urs.:bigthumb:
I bought the JD forks as well. After a couple of years, I bit the bullet, sold them at a slight loss and ordered the Artillian forks. Money well spent!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,787 Posts
I bought the JD forks as well. After a couple of years, I bit the bullet, sold them at a slight loss and ordered the Artillian forks. Money well spent!
A lot of us have. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey now, you have a hitch in the middle of the frame! That's pretty sweet. I had not realized there was a design change.

Someday I'll order the slide on front hitch for my previous version frame (or mount a ball on one of my forks). Moving trailers with the front end loader (with chains on the bucket's bolt on hooks) makes it so easy to get my 18 foot trailer into the garage. Being able to see the ball would make it that much easier. I only have 2 inches of clearance on each side of the garage door so backing it in with the truck and mirrors is a real pain.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey now, you have a hitch in the middle of the frame! That's pretty sweet. I had not realized there was a design change.

Someday I'll order the slide on front hitch for my previous version frame (or mount a ball on one of my forks). Moving trailers with the front end loader (with chains on the bucket's bolt on hooks) makes it so easy to get my 18 foot trailer into the garage. Being able to see the ball would make it that much easier. I only have 2 inches of clearance on each side of the garage door so backing it in with the truck and mirrors is a real pain.
Yeah that included receiver hitch is what helped me decide on this frame. I've been a big believer in front hitches since back when we had boats and always had a tight storage space to back them into. Put a front hitch on my pick-ups back then, now on tractors and ATV's.

These forks were what I wanted 20 years ago when I bought my other tractor (Cub Cadet 7235) in 1996, but there was no such thing as quick-attach anything then. This is the set of forks I bought with that tractor.

pallet_forks.jpg

They are very good forks, just a real PITA to swap out with the bucket for 1 person. They've been buried back in my barn somewhere for years after I put them on and off a few times and decided there must be a better way. I gave up on them and fabricated another set of forks out of some heavy "C" channel I had and mounted a bar on the bucket to hang them on, making them fairly easy to take on and off without removing the bucket. But still pretty primitive compared to these Artillians.

·
Registered
170 Posts

What type of trailer (enclosed, open, etc.)? The reason I ask is that I have an 18' enclosed snowmobile trailer that I'd like to move into my garage with a tractor. I'm just wondering if a 1025 should be able to move the trailer around? I like the receiver hitch in the frame.

I'm still "printing money" trying to get enough to buy a CUT. A few more days of printing should get me enough for this frame forks, too.

Reactions: pcabe5 and OxPath

·
Registered
375 Posts
What type of trailer (enclosed, open, etc.)? The reason I ask is that I have an 18' enclosed snowmobile trailer that I'd like to move into my garage with a tractor. I'm just wondering if a 1025 should be able to move the trailer around? I like the receiver hitch in the frame.

I'm still "printing money" trying to get enough to buy a CUT. A few more days of printing should get me enough for this frame forks, too.
It's an 18' PJ U8 Tandem Axle (3.5k axles) Utility Trailer with a 2 foot dovetail and a 4' heavy duty gate. The total weight of the trailer empty is right around 2000 lbs and the tongue weight empty is probably around 200 lbs. It looks like this one, but with a 2 foot dovetail on the back:

PJ Trailer HD Gate.jpg

The 1025 owners manual states not to tow more than 1.5 times the tractor weight. So a typical 1025R with the H120 and 600 lbs of rear ballast should weigh around 2600 lbs and be able to move around just shy of 4000 lbs safely from the rear hitch plate (assuming the proper front ballast). I don't have any facts or figures of how much weight can be safely lifted and pushed by the H120 front end loader.

That being said I have had no issues moving around my empty trailer. I'd imagine an 18' enclosed snowmobile trailer would weight more if it is a steel trailer (or roughly the same in aluminum), but you shouldn't have any issues if it's empty. If you have the sleds loaded it might be pushing it, but I doubt the tractor would have any issues moving it around on a level surface if you take it slow.

There is a video on YouTube of a guy using a 1025 to move a 9000 lb boat from the rear three point without front ballast. Not recommended, but the tractor has enough power:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deB7MhP1Wv0

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Maybe you should just sell the laptop? It just helps you to find more stuff you want! :laugh:

The Artillian Forks are the single most useful attachment on my tractor!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nice! :greentractorride:

I bought my Artillian fork set a couple of years ago, so no hitch bracket ?

But when I eventually pony up for a grapple set, I'll probably get a new frame (with hitch bracket) and put the grapple on the old one.

What fork length did you get? They look longer than mine.

==Grizzler

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went back and forth deciding between the 36 and 42 inch forks and finally decided on the 42's. At some point I may wish I had gotten the 36's since there are advantages to both, but for now I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
Maybe you should just sell the laptop? It just helps you to find more stuff you want! :laugh:

The Artillian Forks are the single most useful attachment on my tractor!
:lolol: as i waasy reading this post again--:bash: it just dawned on me--if i sell the laptop, how am i gonna quiz u-or agitate ya!

naw--i'm not selling the laptop-just have to wait on other toys(tools) for now.:lol:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

Your hydraulics will tell if it is too heavy by going into bypass and simply won't lift the load either on the 3 point or FEL. My 2210 SCUT won't pick up my 28 foot enclosed when it is empty. My JD 400 GT will though...go figure. With any trailer always tow it on a flat surface if you are using a small tractor otherwise you run the risk of it getting away from you pretty quick. A 1 series is only going to be able to pick up about 700 lbs on the FEL so if you don't have a lot of weight on the trailer tongue it might do it but it will probably be pretty sketchy at best.

Reactions: Levi and pcabe5

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Congrats on the forks.!

:lolol: as i waasy reading this post again--:bash: it just dawned on me--if i sell the laptop, how am i gonna quiz u-or agitate ya!

naw--i'm not selling the laptop-just have to wait on other toys(tools) for now.:lol:
It's a plot BigJim. :spy:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts