Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
7,472 Posts
The REAL John Deere guys paint the emblem JD green. I'd prove it, but it's dark and cold outside.:lol:

When Josh replaced the grill in the #6 John Deere Chevy S10 (that IS how you say it) he painted the emblem JD green. I rolled my eyes when he said he was going to do it. It actually looks pretty sharp. Maybe it just goes with the JD striping and JD decals.

· Registered
2,580 Posts
Wow Randy that is the exact truck I am looking for except 4x4. Please let me know you impressions after you have run it for awhile. Congrats on fine looking ride.

· Premium Member
7,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sure is a really nice beater you have there Randy. May I ask what kind of investment it takes to own one?
That particular vintage, condition, and mileage is bringing $5000.

The REAL John Deere guys paint the emblem JD green. I'd prove it, but it's dark and cold outside.:lol:

When Josh replaced the grill in the #6 John Deere Chevy S10 (that IS how you say it) he painted the emblem JD green. I rolled my eyes when he said he was going to do it. It actually looks pretty sharp. Maybe it just goes with the JD striping and JD decals.
HHHMmmmm. Now you got me thinking, something green and yellow.

Wow Randy that is the exact truck I am looking for except 4x4. Please let me know you impressions after you have run it for awhile. Congrats on fine looking ride.
Will do.

did you trade the s-10 in or do you still have it
Still have it listed on Craig's List. Craig's List Ad

· Administrator
24,471 Posts
That particular vintage, condition, and mileage is bringing $5000.
Your new beater was only $5k?

Somebody is getting a smoking deal on your S10. If we were closer....

· Premium Member
7,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

· Administrator
24,471 Posts
Does your price include shipping?

· Registered
419 Posts
Keep us posted on your new Colorado. Looks like you really loved your old S-10. I own an auto repair shop and all 3 of my employees drive S-10 extended cab trucks. That's saying something when the best and highest paid technicians in town (and the secretary) all have the same kind of vehicle. I had been looking for a 4-door, 4x4 S-10 "beater" for myself, but since the gas prices have come down so low, driving my 13 mpg, 06 Silverado 2500HD doesn't hurt quite as much. My wife hates her 2011 Colorado. She bought it new in 2010 - her own fault. I keep trying to talk her into making the jump to a 2015 Silverado 1500, but now that the redesigned Colorados have come out, they might be worth taking a look at. We both require 4x4 as we have no choice - we have to go to work no matter the weather. And 4 doors as we have grandchildren to transport occasionally. I require 3/4 ton and an 8 ft bed to haul our slide-in truck camper.

Vehicle Car Pickup truck Transport Automotive tire

· Premium Member
8,172 Posts
4WD is for wimps and off road. My trucks stay on the road and well, let's just say I am tough. :tongue:
I'm a wimp! :laugh: My first truck was an '83 S-10 I ordered new, and I was too cheap to get 4WD...big mistake on my part. I made sure when I ordered my '99 F-250 that it was 4WD. It's come in handy now and then.

Reactions: RandyM

· Read Only
1,932 Posts
Nice wheels Randy. I'd been kicking around the idea of a Colorado. With up to 7000 pounds of towing, that's all I'd need. But maybe in a few years. And a 2wd is what I was looking at as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.