Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as mentioned in another thread I decided to get a JDQA frame, forks, and (later addition) front-hoe bucket.

What prompted this is the fact that I had about ten trees taken down, and I needed to move all that. I first thought “Forks. Yep.”, but reviewing things here I took a serious look at a grapple.

I decided that I didn’t need a grapple. Looking over what needed to be done, costs involved, and a few other factors, I decided that a set of forks – and perhaps smaller ones, so as to not take away from the movable load – were the way to go. I could use them for many more things than just the trees, and it was much cheaper than a grapple. I also have little or no need to actually handle, you know, pallets. Those things they were designed for. And if I DO, then it’s likely to be within the load range on the 1025r and the extra 12” wouldn’t make a difference.

So, I looked over the options, read a bunch here, and made my decision. Frame, forks, front-hoe bucket, and bucket/fork cart from Artillian. This was based on two major factors.

1) Reputation here.
2) Shipping cost vs going and getting them.

This is what I got:

http://www.artillian.com/product/fork-frame-set-with-2300-lb-john-deere-quick-attach-pallet/
36x3 setup.

http://www.artillian.com/product/front-hoe-bucket/

https://www.artillian.com/product/fork-n-bucket-cart/

After discussing how to go about purchasing and picking up the product with a very helpful sales rep I placed my order online, then picked them up at their shop about a week later (this was an issue w/my schedule).

Now, I live about 1:45 away from their shop, so pickup was the best option. Shipping would have been ~$350, but if you pick them up they have to charge MA sales tax. This was ~$90, and though I detest paying sales tax (or, well, ANY tax, but MA and NY taxes in particular) it’s still cheaper than shipping.

We don’t have a work truck yet (a story for another time…), so looking things over I decided that while yes, I could get it all into the Lezburu, it would be better to use a trailer - so add another $23 for that.

I sent an email before I set out to give them a heads up, then took off on the truly splendid drive that is the 93/495/290 corridor. Those of you who know the area will be aware of the lack of a sarcasm tag here…

When I arrived I made my way to the back, where an employee helpfully led me to the warehouse desk. There, another very helpful young man dealt with my order, which had been picked and was ready to go. However, there was some issue with the CC that had to be dealt with (processing on their side), so I also dealt with that with a very nice lady who then gave the go-ahead to load up.

The product was loaded onto a forklift, then loaded onto the trailer exactly as I asked, and as this was happening another nice lady brought out the paperwork for me.

I have to say, it was one of the best customer service experiences I have had in a very long time, from the first inquiry email to the point where I pulled out.

Returning home, the first thing I had to do (of course) is GET IT ON MA’ TRACTOR!

It mounted perfectly, and the forks went on perfectly as well. From there, log time!

It took a few minutes to get the hang of them, but it all came back fast and I was very shortly sliding them under several logs at a time with little to no damage to the turf, dropping them exactly where I wanted them, and loading up again. Everything worked flawlessly.

As of this post I have yet to even open the box for the bucket and cart. I may do so a bit later and post pix of them here. I may also start a thread about the tree work that was done, since my tree gal is amazing, and uses NO equipment other than ropes, pulleys, and, when needed, a tractor (or car) to pull on a line. Ok, she uses a chain saw as well, but I have seen her work a two person bucksaw and I’m convinced she could have done it that way with the right person (so, not me) on the other end.

TL;dr – I had a great experience w/Artillian and would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
We don’t have a work truck yet (a story for another time…), so looking things over I decided that while yes, I could get it all into the Lezburu, it would be better to use a trailer - so add another $23 for that.
:lol::lol::lol:

·
GTT Vendor
1,530 Posts
NH_1025r: We're glad to hear you've had a great experience with Artillian staff and products! If you have any video or pics, we'd love to see them. You can upload to GTT and/or the Artillian Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/artilliantractor/

Thank you for recommending us!

The Artillian Team

1 - 4 of 4 Posts