Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to take a minute to describe my experience purchasing my 1025R TLB + 60D MMM from Barnhill Equipment Co. located in Durham, NC

Initially I was planning to hold off on the purchase a bit and evaluate all of the SCUT and CUT manufacturers. After reading a few reviews on TBN I crossed a few manufacturers and models off the list. I had past exposure to SCUTs by Kubota and wasn't overly impressed. I never made it to test driving red before deciding I wanted green after a few trials. While making this decision I had requested quotes from all of the dealers within a 45 minute radius. Once I decided on green I got tractor fever and my purchase timeline went from weeks/months to a day.

Fortunately Barnhill managed to find a tractor an hour after they gave me the quote and I asked how soon they could make it happen. The purchase and delivery went as expected, painless..

Assuming there were no huge issues with the tractor I decide I would use it for a month or so before bringing anything up with the dealer. I used the tractor for 1-1.5 months while compiling a fairly short list of issues:
  • Head light control knob required jiggling to get all lights to function
  • Left control of the backhoe was jerky and would bind slightly, keeping it from returning to neutral position when you let go
  • Issue with the deck not auto-connecting

End of last week I contacted Barnhill to discuss the issues and I have to say I am quite pleased with their service and timing. They were willing to pick it up the same day if I was alright with not having it over the weekend. I opted to have them pick it up Monday morning. They had everything resolved and the tractor back in my driveway Tuesday morning. They even covered the cost of pick-up/delivery since this was more of a 'post sale adjustment'. Needless to say I have been quite pleased with the service I have received from Barnhill, both the owner (who delivered my tractor initially), my sales rep (Justin Tilley), and the mechanic who picked up and delivered this week. Last night I used the backhoe to dig out two tree stumps and ~10 bamboo root clusters - everything seems to be working to my liking.

At any rate, I just wanted to put a positive review out there for these guys as I saw some bad press from a couple years ago out there on google. I'm not sure if the management has changed, had a change of heart, or the reviews were just by some Chapel Hill yuppies.. but I'm pretty satisfied with them.

If (when) I feel the need to upgrade to a CUT I will likely purchase from Justin again.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I noticed my light switch is a little screwy as well.
Not sure its worth the trouble of getting the dealer involved as they dont provide pickup.
It would be nice if they just handed me a new one.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I noticed my light switch is a little screwy as well.
Not sure its worth the trouble of getting the dealer involved as they dont provide pickup.
It would be nice if they just handed me a new one.
I would recommend turning it all the way left and right repeatedly. Mine was initially quite finicky, but after 20-25 rapid left-right-left movements it works fine now. You can do this with the tractor off so that the lights don't flash.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would recommend turning it all the way left and right repeatedly. Mine was initially quite finicky, but after 20-25 rapid left-right-left movements it works fine now. You can do this with the tractor off so that the lights don't flash.
My light switch is always hot regardless of the key position.. or at least it was, haven't tried it since they replaced the switch. I assume my original switch went bad from sitting out in the weather at the original dealer. I believe the tractor I received was actually one I test drove at a different dealer the week before. I know Barnhill got it from a private dealer in the same city as where I initially test drove.. and I'm fairly certain they are the only private dealer. And I also know they had that exact setup as I test drove one there. Had the original dealer been willing to move on the price when I was there in person they could have made the sale but they were even trying to charge me for initial delivery.... but back to my point. Said other dealer had all of their machinery sitting outside.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Excellent review of your dealer. Can't ask for better service than that.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: BigJim55 and Levi

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
^^^x2^^^

·
584 Posts
I always tell my sales guys, your best customers are the ones that have problems with equipment. They look at me like "what?" If you resolve the customers issues, they will never forget it. If you can resolve a customers issues during, and after the sale, you'll have them for life. Glad you have a dealer that has your back.

·
Administrator
21,541 Posts
^^^good post.^^^

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I always tell my sales guys, your best customers are the ones that have problems with equipment. They look at me like "what?" If you resolve the customers issues, they will never forget it. If you can resolve a customers issues during, and after the sale, you'll have them for life. Glad you have a dealer that has your back.
That is good advice with the sales of any product. The real problem is when the buyer has problems but never comes back to the seller to get it resolved. There are a lot of those buyers out there and they give bad wraps to the product and the seller without them knowing it. Then of course there are the buyers you wished you had never sold too but that is another story.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,667 Posts
Thanks for the post jklaus. :thumbup1gif:
Thank you tractorslinger for your reply. IMO, so true.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With equipment like this I just kind of assumed there'd be some "adjusting" after a bit of use. I mean shoot I had to take my '15 F150 in for service within a few hundred miles to have a speaker replaced.. sure it was annoying but I squeezed a few cups of coffee out of the service lobby while waiting so, meh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts