Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited 140 acres that my parent bought in 1965, so I decided to start this thread to show some of my farm projects!

Today was a small project in the picnic ground. Years ago I'd put a bench next to the pond to fish from, but I put it too close to the edge of the water! :banghead: Using 3-2-3/8" chain link fence post for the front & two 1-5/8" posts for the sides: Farm 2015 001 (6).JPG Farm 2015 002 (5).JPG The lumber is CCA treated lumber from my 16' trailer floor that I recently replaced. Drove the posts 30" into the clay bottom: Farm 2015 003 (5).JPG Post drivers are hard on my old hands! Finished the box with just a little slope towards the water: Farm 2015 004 (4).JPG Then filled to about 4" from the top with dry clay from the road: Farm 2015 005 (3).JPG Topped that off with dry black dirt that I dug from the same ponds several years ago: Farm 2015 006 (2).JPG Seeded it, even though it's too dry for the seed to start.

Then, it's time to start dinner (noon): Farm 2015 007 (2).JPG

My "help" doesn't always do much! Farm 2015 008 (2).JPG

Super Moderator
There's gotta be a way to drill a hole in those fence post caps and mount rod holders on them. That's just another project waiting to happen. :laugh:

Looks nice! Color me jealous! :good2:

Bonehead Club Lackey
Job well done! Hope you get many years of enjoyable time there. :bigthumb:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There's gotta be a way to drill a hole in those fence post caps and mount rod holders on them. That's just another project waiting to happen. :laugh:

Not the caps, but I'll be putting the small sized tarp hooks on the posts along with an "eye" bolt to hook a fish basket!

Premium Member
:thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif::good2:

Registered
I would love 140 acres of privacy with a pond and woods and meadows way away from everything.....<sigh> paint me green with envy! BTW, LOVE the dogs!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Here ya go: Farm 2015 001 (7).JPG

Besides the rod holders, I pulled out some old fence wire, wadded it up & hauled it to the ditch this morning. Swept out the "timber shack" & re-fastened the seat swivel after painting the shelves a couple weeks ago. Farm 2015 003 (6).JPG Farm 2015 004 (5).JPG and spread some Big Bluestem & Indian Grass seed heads over this are: Farm 2015 002 (6).JPG

Fished a little, only caught a couple little Bluegill & a couple little Bass.

Premium Member
Pretty nice addition, and like others very jealous.

Noticed you put a hook on the one post and guessing one on the other also. Now put a wire between the two hooks and and you can lay your fishing pole on it instead of holding the pole, for those slow days of fishing. :laugh:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
Hauled the dwarf apple tree that I cut a couple days ago to the farm today. Did a little brush thinning: from this; Farm 2015 001.JPG to this; Farm 2015 002.JPG I'll clear the rest out this winter, want to leave it til after deer season!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts