Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Very nice. A guy in our local tractor club brings one just like yours (except his has spoked wheels in back also) to our plow day each year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to find a planter to pull behind it because alot of guys here show there tractors with cultivators and plows, thought it would be something different

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
Very nice.

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
That is one good looking tractor! :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Congratulations on the "new" tractor. It looks very nice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice machine!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I'm jealous, I want one.:kidw_truck_smiley: Nice tractor, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I'm having one problem, I know it runs I have seen people start it, but for some reason I can't get it to start, I'm new to this there must be some trick I need to learn!

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
Yes you can. It takes two people who know what they are doing. It can be dangerous. My Grandfather pull started his model B with a model 60. He didn't think it through though. He was running the 60 and when the B started, it just happily pushed the 60 around. Since nobody was on the B, he rode around the farm for a few hours until it ran out of gas. :lol::lol::lol:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
He laughed telling me the story. He said the brakes on the 60 wouldn't stop or stall the B. He wasn't going to jump. He said he shut the 60 off and just happily rode around like that was his plan all along.

The B had a metal bar attached from the front wheels straight to the drawbar on the 60. Here's the B years after this happened still with the bar attached.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344453475.182825.jpg

I saw the bar and asked him what it was all about. He said it was a funny story. :mocking:

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My grandpa talks about hooking his A to his G one year it was really wet during plowing.... Must have been one heck of a ride after the oh **** feeling passed

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
When pull starting what gear should I use?
I couldn't tell you which gear will work best. A little trial and error will probably tell you what will work.

Sent using Tapatalk.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts