Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 24 x 30 barn. 10/12 attic trusses with a 10 foot wall height. All the wood was locally sawn white pine (4300 bd/ft) from Southern NH. Lots of top shots from my 16 x 20 hunting camp I built in 1988. Enjoy.

Lots more to do on the project but wanted to share, it was my 50th birthday present.......best ever!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
:hi:hello, beautiful looking shed, barn, garage,:laugh: ur building their. that thing should last a hundred yrs. love the pics and we want to see the 1070 when it's parked in their this summer-ok. good luck

·
Super Moderator
7,947 Posts
Good luck with the project and welcome aboard! :thumbup1gif:

:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Absolutely fantastic! :thumbup1gif: Welcome to GTT!

·
Premium Member
14,371 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

Going to be a nice building. Like the storage or office space in trusses.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,694 Posts
Looks nice. :thumbup1gif: Are you going the leave the exterior natural?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Gorgeous barn, excellent work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the last photo you can see on the back of the barn I did apply my homemade stain. I did it back there as a test and will probably continue with it this summer once the trim is completed. Because it is rough sawn lumber painting is out of the question.
My stain mixture was:
2 gal 10-30w from Walmart
1 gal diesel
1 gal Penofin stain (semi-trans Cedar I think).
Just enough to tint the wood a little and provide some water protection. In hindsight a 2 foot over hang would have been better than the 1 foot to keep the splash off the bottom. Once grass grows in there it might help it, we'll see.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Nice:bigthumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks great! what's your cost into it so far? that's about the size i'm looking at for a goat barn
concrete/steel/gravel-3k
pine/windows/nails-3K
roof trusses-3k
metal roof w/labor-2k

Rough numbers but close enough.....I have a file cabinet of receipts. Still lots to do, prob take another few k to get-r-done. Lighting, wood stove, make garage doors, stairs to loft, out side gable light, build work benches and shelves.......
In two days 3 guys put up the trusses and boarded the roof, that was the way to go. There is no way you could stick build it that fast....with an attic floor in it. Ya it was a little spendy for the trusses but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts