Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp
It’s that time. Hot tubs coming in June so I gotta get the ball rolling and I got some stuff to do to get ready for it.
I’ll say this first.
Even though I’m in the construction business I’ve had a bear of a time getting an electrician and concrete flat work guy to come and look at the place. Everyone’s super busy and don’t have the time or bother. So, I finally got a couple guys to do the hook up and patio pour (well, the flat worker will be here tomorrow to go over final layout but he’s got the job).
Here’s what we’re working with

The patio will get extended out 20 feet from the existing one and wrap around to the corner on the left side of the house. The hot tub pad (level) will be extended off of it towards the fence

Anyway, the electrician is coming out this afternoon to hook up to the panel and run wire around to a switch that will be mounted on the outside of my house. I gotta dig the trenches and install the conduit. Got off a decent time yesterday and grabbed the conduit and fittings on the way home

300 bucks for fourteen sticks of schedule 40 and some fittings! Jeepers!

Got up early and got the main trench dug. Got out the rear blade, took the blade off, and installed my custom sub soiler for the job (I don’t got no backhoe on my tractor and all our mini ex’s are busy so it’s me and Harold to get it done). Challenge accepted!
My trench shovel was rudely broken by one of my laborers so I had to put a new handle on it

Darn I’m getting old

Success

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the trench dug. Not easy running a subsoiler on a curve and staying on track

The last 30 feet or so sucked. The Jack nobs who backfilled the back of my house when I wasn’t there I’m not happy with. Part of the contract with mybuilder was to have his excavatordo the foundation, backfills and site work. I explicitly told him I wanted clean native soil against the house. This is what they used to hide the weenie

If they ever come around I’m gonna issue the Chopper sick balls command

Off to get the conduit installed.
More later

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice work! Little extra patio should be lovely. At least there were no logs or 3' blocks of broken cement in there.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Looking good Kbar. Wife has been wanting a hot tub for years. What Model/Brand did you settle on. Didnt you do a thread on it? Maybe?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
That broken flat shovel looks like there's hard cement on it, what gives with that. Used to tell the new works and my wife, don't had me that tool back if there's cement on it. That was my only rule. SIL used my mixer the first time luckily I was there, he wasn't going to wash it out.😠

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking good Kbar. Wife has been wanting a hot tub for years. What Model/Brand did you settle on. Didnt you do a thread on it? Maybe?
I got a Jacuzzi. Forgot the model. I got it all inside and I’m all muddy cuz oh, I never mentioned it rained all day

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the conduit in and backfilled. Darn muddy mess but it’ll settle out. Electrician came and hooked up the fuse on the panel and ran the wire to the new shut off switch he installed.

I’m gonna dig and run the conduit from the switch to the hot tub tomorrow. Once the slab is poured the electrician will run the wire and hook up the tub when it gets delivered.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,990 Posts
Looking good! Hot tubs are a wonderful way to start the day with some coffee or end the day with some other beverages!

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That broken flat shovel looks like there's hard cement on it, what gives with that. Used to tell the new works and my wife, don't had me that tool back if there's cement on it. That was my only rule. SIL used my mixer the first time luckily I was there, he wasn't going to wash it out.😠
That flat shovel was the one I took the handle from. Laborers keep grabbing shovels to load on my truck and sometimes I find old concrete shovels back there. Cant fix stupid

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking good! Hot tubs are a wonderful way to start the day with some coffee or end the day with some other beverages!
Thanks Matt. Hydrotherapy is what my doctor called it when he recommended getting one. I got a lot of aches and pains from my past life of working hard and partying hard. This autta help me loosen up

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Nice start. Looking good. 👍 Can't wait to see when it's finished. When we bought our house, the previous owners had a hot tub & they had even built a nice room for it. But wouldn't you know it. Its the one thing they decided to take with them when they sold it.😒

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Mack. Been looking at these

·
Premium Member
12,792 Posts
Nothing but class, that's my friend Kyle. Nice work my friend. You deserve some hydro therapy.

By the way, you haven't commented lately about the old lady in the Cadi - wrac who gave you the finger.....is she still alive, or did she get thrown from a train?

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,383 Posts
When we put our hot tub in I was completely shocked at the cost of all the electrical supplies I needed and that was back in 2007.

Got the conduit in and backfilled.
One question for ya. There wasn't any way of getting the electrical hookup closer to location from inside the house, cutting down the amount of conduit?

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When we put our hot tub in I was completely shocked at the cost of all the electrical supplies I needed and that was back in 2007.

One question for ya. There wasn't any way of getting the electrical hookup closer to location from inside the house, cutting down the amount of conduit?
My panel is on the far side of my garage so anything that would go through the house would need to go up and across the trusses and down a wall. The labor cost would be a lot more than conduit cuz I’m not going up there. I don’t do crawl spaces well and am severely claustrophobic. Inside an hour I’d be up there cussing and sweating worrying about falling through my ceiling or whatnot. Plus they sprayed 14” of that foam pellets up there. I’m not going up there unless I have to repair something and even then I’m paying someone to do it. Here’s the layout of the house with the garage slab in the blue square and the red route of the wire.

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 319 Posts