Registered
966 Posts
Truth

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,296 Posts
So I lied
Brought home a block from the site and didn’t like the look of it as a border. Researched around and came up blank or dissatisfied with what we found so I backfilled around it and will plant sod. I already have the dirt. More seeding but what the hey
IMHO, waaaay better. (y) (y) Looks GREAT.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,298 Posts
Set our flag to half staff (till noon) time to reflect.

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
So Kyle, no new pics of the project? If I had a hot tub these past few days it would be empty of human interaction;; 90's, humidity and even the pool @ 82 degrees isn't great to be in and it should be!. No fun floating around while getting burnt to a crisp... Beer doesn't even taste good so I'm drinking power-aid to replenish the electrolytes I'm loosing just hanging around! Beer just tastes flat.... I don't even want to go water the garden! Miserable weather... As much as I hate A/C I had to bend yesterday and install the two we have, 88 in the house is not fun at all.. Can't sleep with all that noise and I'm to cheap to have central air installed even mini splits... I may have to rethink that decision eventually, if I live that long!

Predicting 90+ again today and tomorrow.. I guess the earth really has tilted on it's axis! You can bet the thunder storms will be a problem..

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
I guess, makes sense, but still hot in the sun I would presume? Or do you guys use them at night with a million mosquitoes?

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Getting out of 102-104 water 90° air temperature feels cool. ;)
The only unfortunate part is yes it feels cool like getting out of a 82 degree pool as it lowers you body temp down but it doesn't last long... :-( Bummer.

Reactions: Kbar and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
12,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
No we don't.......

To quote Ray Stevens, "Don't Look Ethel. Too Late..."

Ray Stevens was quite the artist!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,296 Posts
I guess, makes sense, but still hot in the sun I would presume? Or do you guys use them at night with a million mosquitoes?
We never use ours during the day here. We also have never had a mosquito issue.

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Mosquitos don’t like chlorine I guess cuz they don’t bother me when I’m in. As far as the sun, we get afternoon direct sunlight and I went and bought a leaning umbrella with a base as a sun shade. Turned it down to 100-101 for the missus. She’ll bail on me after 15 min if it’s too hot for her.

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Getting some topsoil delivered in the next couple days hopefully and I can seed the backfill. Rained most of the weekend so not much but some fine tuning of the grades and raking up sticks and rocks. We’re not ndecided on a gazebo and will probably order a kit from Lowe’s or Costco since lumber is obnoxious right now. The good wood kits are all out of stock atm…

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
I can say safely; mosquitoes don't mind chlorine in a swimming pool,, when I get home from my part time job around 7pm I will usually get in the pool,, mosquitoes love me!! My head is the only part of me that is above water and I run like the wind back up to the house!
Maybe the quick moving bubbling water is what they don't like? or the temp? Who knows, so consider yourselves lucky if they don't bother you! I don't get to stay long at all..

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,296 Posts
She’ll bail on me after 15 min if it’s too hot for her.
My wife is the same way. But on the same token we don't normally spend more that 20 minutes at a time in the tub.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
I loved the 2 Hot tubs we had...sold the first to buy the second. In the end the mice won out. Kept chewing through hoses and nesting inside. Working on it when it broke with dead mice in their was not fun. That was 20 years ago, maybe they make them mouse proof now....That Gazebo makes a lot of sense on a cement slab, should keep the mice out.

I told my nephew this 15 years ago...5 years later I asked where the tub was...He said "You were right"

The tubs back then only pumped hot water , so we only used it in the colder months. Do they do cold water in the summer now?

261 - 280 of 319 Posts