Green Tractor Talk banner

281 - 300 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I can say safely; mosquitoes don't mind chlorine in a swimming pool,,
We used to have a problem with bats swooping down in the evening. Now that the pool's operational again, will have to see if that's still a problem. Probably, 'cause I did find a dead bat in the pool a couple of weeks ago - first time ever for one of them.

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
I've witnessed bats doing exactly what you just stated. That's the last thing I need besides mosquitoes,, bats flying at me! I'm not afraid of them and have picked them up without hand protection in the past but I don't want one in my hair! And with rabies prevalent in bats and God knows what else these days no thank you. I had one bite me at our town library between my thumb and index finger and it wouldn't let go.. The librarian was shocked to see that happen.. That was 20 years ago!
If we found a dead bat in the pool my wife would make me drain the pool, sterilize it and refill!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
We used to love swimming in the pool at night when we were kids and the bats would swoop down and snatch at our hair sometimes. We always thought they were after the horse flies.
I’m so glad there are no horse flies or ticks out here

·
Premium Member
12,177 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
No thanks Kevin
I’ll stick with our gnats, skeeters and flies
Anyone know of a homeowner style bug zapper?

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
No thanks Kevin
I’ll stick with our gnats, skeeters and flies
Anyone know of a homeowner style bug zapper?
got two of these and they work great..

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
And hopefully he doesn't mistakenly dip it in the water.. Can you get zapped by doing that? I have no idea but they do have current if your finger is on the power button.. Those little buggers give a decent shock,, don't ask how I know.... and I won't try it in the pool either! Me and electricity or plumbing do not get along at all!

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Are you guys asking me to test your theory?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Do they do cold water in the summer now?
One hot summer several years back, I was doing a lot of outdoor projects at full maniac speed in order to host a grad party for our youngest daughter. We had a small 3 seat (2 person realistically) Caldera tub and it was ready for a drain/clean/refill. I decided to turn the heat to its lowest setting which required toggling around the menu I think. Anyhoo, we left it cool while I was doing all the outside work and I really liked dipping in it occasionally while working to cool off. I felt that the jets were more powerful with cold water than the hot but I'd imaging it's just a mental thing.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
We used to love swimming in the pool at night when we were kids and the bats would swoop down and snatch at our hair sometimes. We always thought they were after the horse flies.
I’m so glad there are no horse flies or ticks out here
Were likely after mosquitoes about to suck your blood. They have no interest in you beyond your use as bait for critters they enjoy eating. Creepy things but they are valuable assets in the fight against disease and vermin

·
Registered
13,350 Posts
No we don't.......

To quote Ray Stevens, "Don't Look Ethel. Too Late..."

oh boy how i loved that song when it came out yrs back. lots of laughing with it. i needed that today.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I can picture Kyle lounging in the hot tub, beverage in one hand, zapper in the other, without a care in the world!
Until the bug zapper hits the water.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,776 Posts
Kyle I wouldn't recommend trying the zapper in the tub.. Maybe there's a Tic Tok video out there!!!! o_O

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Probly just a tickle on my nether regions and a small wiff of smoke comes from the handle rendering the unit incapacitated

Do you double dog dare me?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
281 - 300 of 319 Posts