Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have ever taken the fel off and left it parked in the sun while you are mowing or forget to depressurize it, you know it can be a PITA to get the fel male coupler hooked back up. I had a set of QD couplers that would drip, so I replace the set with new ones to fix the drip. I threw the old ones in a spare parts box and forgot about them till today. I grabbed the female end and drilled out its guts and a couple of holes in the body. I then welded a nut on one end so I could run a bolt down to the end and release the pressure on the male end. I then welded some round stock on the bolt and QD body to get something to hold on to. Please forgive the crappy welds, I forgot to turn the gas on at first.

IMGP1373.JPG

IMGP1372.JPG

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
If you have ever taken the fel off and left it parked in the sun while you are mowing or forget to depressurize it, you know it can be a PITA to get the fel male coupler hooked back up. I had a set of QD couplers that would drip, so I replace the set with new ones to fix the drip. I threw the old ones in a spare parts box and forgot about them till today. I grabbed the female end and drilled out its guts and a couple of holes in the body. I then welded a nut on one end so I could run a bolt down to the end and release the pressure on the male end. I then welded some round stock on the bolt and QD body to get something to hold on to. Please forgive the crappy welds, I forgot to turn the gas on at first.

View attachment 452778

View attachment 452786
:bigthumb: nice job u done there. a couple of winters ago i bought this tool, out of a paper type magazine i get bi-monthly that showed his tools. IMG_2474.JPG a older fella and his wife run the company from out west. they really only want to sell to bigger tractors-but this tool is the cats mee-ow for unsticking the male ends without getting sprayed or pushing ur guts out. i can't even remember the name of the tool-its on it. but after buying it-i have only used it once so far.:banghead::mocking:but at least i got it.:laugh:

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts