Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the story of my quest for improved hydraulics. I bought a 2720 last summer. My first tractor. pic1.jpg
I then joined some tractor forums for the wealth of information (mistake, just made me realize what i was missing). I plan to add implements and hopefully a backhoe.

So, having observed other’s tractors with PB, TNT and multiple SCV’s, I set out to get those elusive components.

Starting with the PB sticky on Greentractortalk.com, I successfully added PB to the tractor. It will be needed for a backhoe and turns out will be the pressure source for my valve addition. I used reusable fittings because I wanted custom length hoses. pic2.jpg
I would order longer premade hoses with the ends I needed and then cut them and put the ends on. I ended up redoing the mounting of fittings for the PB.
pic2b.jpg
Next up was the rear multi spool SCV. I blame Jason for this. But, in order to have a TNT, one needs more valves. I was also planning to add a grapple, so I needed a circuit for that and a side shift option for a flail mower. So, that makes 4 spools and one of those needed to be electric to run the grapple.
pic3.jpg
I ended up ordering a Prince SV, 4 spool w/PB, consisting of 1 spring return, 2 float, 1 electric. When figuring this out, one does not fully comprehend the SIZE of it. After I received it, I’m like, where am I going to mount it. I needed to leave room for a future backhoe, so putting it right behind the seat wasn’t going to happen. After much contemplating, I decided to mount it to the right rops post. I had to build a bracket to mount it and also protect it somewhat. This is what I came up with. Pressure in from PB to the bottom port, PB pressure out at top port with a pressure buildup cartridge for the electric solenoids to function, with a return to tank (top left port). Those “ears” are there to protect the solenoids. Talk about a lot of valve. Wow, makes the tractor look small. LOL.
pic4.jpg pic5.jpg pic6.jpg pic7.jpg pic8.jpg pic8a.jpg
I needed a place to dump the return to tank oil. I tried the side of the tranny like Jason did, but I didn’t like it. So I decided to return to the oil filler fitting. Had to modify it. Also ordered some fittings to go between the QC’s and the valve. They didn’t look like this on the webpage. Had to turn them down on the lathe and rethread them to shorten them. ORB fittings.
pic9.jpg pic10.jpg
Had an issue with the clearance of the quick hitch to the valve/QC’s. Too close so I had to adjust the max height of the 3 point lift. Still kinda close.
pic11.jpg pic12.jpg

Continued.............
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
Great job. You are very talented. look forward to the follow up...:munch::munch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Continued.

Next, I ordered the top and side cylinders. Of course they had to be modified. Cut the ends and reweld for proper orientation and fit.
pic13.jpg
I also had to modify the quick connect bracket going to the FEL. Needed to add 2 more holes for the grapple circuit. I made a plate with holes and sandwiched it to the existing bracket. Also added a bracket behind the bucket for the front QC’s and routed the hoses to the front.
pic14.jpg pic15.jpg pic16.jpg pic17.jpg pic18.jpg pic19.jpg
I think the best, coolest and hardest to design part was the switch to run the electric solenoids for the grapple. I came up with this old 13 speed shifter that I gutted and put in micro switches. It’s still not exactly how I want it to work, but until the next revision comes out, it’ll do.
pic20.jpg pic21.jpg
I’m just waiting for my new grapple to arrive. Hopefully within the next couple weeks. EV 55” wicked.

Well I hope you liked my journey.

Thanks,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
423 Posts
Don't be surprised if you get asked to make a couple more of these!
NICE JOB!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,289 Posts
That’s awesome! Nice work. :drinks: I’ll be glad to take some of the blame when it turns out this nice. :thumbup1gif:

Take note Kenny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
Continued.

Next, I ordered the top and side cylinders. Of course they had to be modified. Cut the ends and reweld for proper orientation and fit.
View attachment 594298
I also had to modify the quick connect bracket going to the FEL. Needed to add 2 more holes for the grapple circuit. I made a plate with holes and sandwiched it to the existing bracket. Also added a bracket behind the bucket for the front QC’s and routed the hoses to the front.
View attachment 594306 View attachment 594314 View attachment 594322 View attachment 594330 View attachment 594338 View attachment 594346
I think the best, coolest and hardest to design part was the switch to run the electric solenoids for the grapple. I came up with this old 13 speed shifter that I gutted and put in micro switches. It’s still not exactly how I want it to work, but until the next revision comes out, it’ll do.
View attachment 594354 View attachment 594362
I’m just waiting for my new grapple to arrive. Hopefully within the next couple weeks. EV 55” wicked.

Well I hope you liked my journey.

Thanks,
That's SNAZZY! :thumbup1gif:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,560 Posts
Beautiful job. That is a lot of hours of work.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top