Green Tractor Talk banner

My International crawler build

3075 Views 36 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  DRobinson
I just started on my International crawler, it is an international 282 tractor that Im using, the PO put a 16HP V-twin briggs vangard in it, I plan to reuse it. For the crawler engine It does need a pan gasket)

Here are some pics of what I got dune on it!!

Attachments

I just started on my International crawler, it is an international 282 tractor that Im using, the PO put a 16HP V-twin briggs vangard in it, I plan to reuse it. For the crawler engine It does need a pan gasket)

See more
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Can't wait to see this one. What will you use for tracks?

By the way, is the dog in the bottom of the tool box?

Can't wait to see this one. What will you use for tracks?

By the way, is the dog in the bottom of the tool box?

See more
Im using roller chain and weld my own track pads.
Im also going to have it hydraulic drive, 1 hyrdaulic pump and 1 hydraulic motor for each track.

Yes the dog decied to crawl in to the bottom of that toolbox, its empty I just got it the other day.
Im using roller chain and weld my own track pads.
Im also going to have it hydraulic drive, 1 hyrdaulic pump and 1 hydraulic motor for each track.

Yes the dog decied to crawl in to the bottom of that toolbox, its empty I just got it the other day.
See more
That's the basic hydro principle of this. 17 hp Kohler motor.

Sky Plant Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle

Here's a video of the kid learning to use it.

See less
That's the basic hydro principle of this. 17 hp Kohler motor.

Here's a video of the kid learning to use it.

See more
Cool project. I'll be watching.
Cool project. I'll be watching.
See more
Washed the the body getting it ready for paint...

Attachments

Washed the the body getting it ready for paint...
See more
I got in th the shead for a little while today after work, I took the fenders off of the body.(trying to get rid of the mower look) and removed the Oil pan to replace the gasket that was leeking. I cant post pics right now Ill try later.
I got in th the shead for a little while today after work, I took the fenders off of the body.(trying to get rid of the mower look) and removed the Oil pan to replace the gasket that was leeking. I cant post pics right now Ill try later.
See more
Here are the pics...

Attachments

Here are the pics...
See more
I did some work on the crawler today, I got the hydraulic motors and pumps for it from a toro Zero turn, yesterday I also picked up Toro wheel horse with a blade (new style) for the blade. Im posting viedos on youtube abought it, If you look for (Mini Tractors!!) You should find me.
I did some work on the crawler today, I got the hydraulic motors and pumps for it from a toro Zero turn, yesterday I also picked up Toro wheel horse with a blade (new style) for the blade. Im posting viedos on youtube abought it, If you look for (Mini Tractors!!) You should find me.
See more
Here are the two mowers I got.

Attachments

Here are the two mowers I got.
See more
Is the walk behind the source for hydrostatic drive? Can't wait to see the finished product.
Is the walk behind the source for hydrostatic drive? Can't wait to see the finished product.
See more
Yes, it has 2 hydraulic pumps that power 2 hydraulic motors so thats what Im useing to power it. So it will be like driving a zero turn.
Yes, it has 2 hydraulic pumps that power 2 hydraulic motors so thats what Im useing to power it. So it will be like driving a zero turn.
See more
This is how I plan to have the hydraulic motors, Im going to put a piece of 1/2" steel behind it so it is not so thin there.

Attachments

This is how I plan to have the hydraulic motors, Im going to put a piece of 1/2" steel behind it so it is not so thin there.
See more
I put the engine back together last night, I havent put it on the crawler yet, Im going to put the hydros in it first.
I put the engine back together last night, I havent put it on the crawler yet, Im going to put the hydros in it first.
See more
(y) Just waiting and watching...(y)
(y) Just waiting and watching...(y)
See more
Your getting there. Looking forward to the end result.
Your getting there. Looking forward to the end result.
See more
Worked on the crawler some today, I mounted both Hydraulic Motors, And the engine. I anls went to D&B they had a DeWalt sale, I got a 20V 3/8" impact with a 5AH battery, socket set, and a drill bit set. Not good for the bank account but glad I got them.
Worked on the crawler some today, I mounted both Hydraulic Motors, And the engine. I anls went to D&B they had a DeWalt sale, I got a 20V 3/8" impact with a 5AH battery, socket set, and a drill bit set. Not good for the bank account but glad I got them.
See more
1 - 20 of 37 Posts