Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are several pictures of my 2210 JD, before pics of blower and disassembled then on tractor, and next in use,
Total $ was $700.00,
$200.00 purchase the used blower, disassemble, took to paint shop, sandblasted and powder coated JD GREEN N YELLOW,$500.00 for the blast and paint, Held up very well for the use it gets,
reassembled with all new bearing and have been using it for the last 7-8 years, without issue.
ENJOY:bigthumb:

Thought I'd Share! snowblower before rebuild.jpg after powdercoat.jpg finished product 004.jpg working blower.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,050 Posts
Looks great! Nice rig.

Now all you need to do is to mount a couple of rear view mirrors on your loader mount masts. :hi:

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Really a nice looking blower .:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,371 Posts
great job :good2:

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Fantastic :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
I want more pics of your tractor!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Beautiful job, excellent thrift

The sand blasting/paint job are fabulous. I had that done to some work equipment years ago with similar results, kudos to you sir!

Finding and rehabing the blower was a great example of thrift and economy. Most equipment has more life in it if maintained and repaired.

I can't use a rear mount as I can't turn my head/neck enough to operate them but I sure to appreciate what you accomplished.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The sand blasting/paint job are fabulous. I had that done to some work equipment years ago with similar results, kudos to you sir!

Finding and rehabing the blower was a great example of thrift and economy. Most equipment has more life in it if maintained and repaired.

I can't use a rear mount as I can't turn my head/neck enough to operate them but I sure to appreciate what you accomplished.
Yes it is pretty amazing, A friend of mine saw it sitting behind a shed on his way home and stopped to see if it was for sale the guy says yea! So friend offers him $200.00 and he only wanted the PTO shaft, and took it off, It is about 35-40 years old and works wonderful for the tractor I have and have been offered plenty more than what I have invested to this point?

Glad I can share the photos

waltmart:bigthumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hooks N Loops on Bucket

I'll try and explain how they are attached , Pictures show it quite well,
1: used 2 1/2"X3/8" flat stock and drilled and tapped to bolts used on hooks, I wanted some loops to tie too if needed so friend had these surplus and I grabbed them up for that propose, HERE ARE THE PICS.
THEY WORK WONDERFUL!:bigthumb:
Have tightened them once in 7 years( not to shabby)

ENJOY,
waltmart

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll try and explain how they are attached , Pictures show it quite well,
1: used 2 1/2"X3/8" flat stock and drilled and tapped to bolts used on hooks, I wanted some loops to tie too if needed so friend had these surplus and I grabbed them up for that propose, HERE ARE THE PICS.
THEY WORK WONDERFUL!:bigthumb:
Have tightened them once in 7 years( not to shabby)

ENJOY,
waltmart
Thank-You all for the comments and Likes,
I put these on long before they were offered as a add-on. Like 7-8 years ago!
The extra reinforcement is nice as well, and I can tap and add any other add ons to the top with-out any issue!
I use the loops was much as the hooks or more and like the idea they are exposed for easy access if bucket is full? you can still connect to and hook to them.
JUST MY 2 cents, No change needed, LOL

Just ol'e me
waltmart

1 - 19 of 19 Posts