Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

My John Deere 4052R has landed :yahoo: I first Emailed my dealer on January 15, 2019, and on February 5, 2019 placed my order. The dealer told me I would not get my 4052R until mid-June or July. And then he contacted me and told me the building date had been moved up to mid-April. Yesterday, March 29, 2019, my 4052R arrived.

I ordered a second I-Match Hitch for my John Deere 4310, and a John Deere 42" Pallet Fork. The driver spent about 2 1/2" hours with me going over all the controls in the cab. After he left I pulled out my Operating Manual to review all the controls he had talked about. HOLY COW :dunno: the photos in the Operating Manual don't look like anything in the cab :banghead: That's not the way it's supposed to be . . . . so I'll be spending more time than I expected to in reading and learning how to run my 4052R.

It has the 3rd, 4th and 5th SCV and the Grapple couplings hookup.

I want to thank everyone on GTT for their advice and help in deciding to get my 4052R.

I will be accepting donations to help me pay for it :lolol:

FredSG

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
:congrats:Enjoy and we need to see some pics of said new tractor :good2:

Reactions: rtgt and Old Cajun

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Congrats, I haven't even looked for my manual yet. As usual I'm doing the "wing it" and let er rip ! :laugh:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,938 Posts
Congrats on the new machine! :good2::good2:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice piece of equipment!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nice Ride!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor, boy is it sweet:good2:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
FredSG that is one sweet looking :greentractorride: Enjoy

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
A few more photos. Thanks for looking. FredSG

Is that 3 SCV's on the rear ? Looks like 2 to the left and 1 by the toplink ??

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Yes, he stated he has the 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
Fred, congrats on the new ride! I like what the dealer did with the Tee's for the 3rd SCV. Any specific details you could offer would be appreciated.

FIY, loosen and turn this fitting to be parallel with the cylinder, see hoe the hose is stressed? Compare it to the left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,204 Posts

4th and 5th are on the left side. 3rd is near the center. That is the standard locations.

Dave

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
WOW is that nice, I want one.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Yes, he stated he has the 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Yes, I read that. I was under the assumption the 3rd scv was only in the front for grapple etc. like seen in his picture and the 4th & 5th were only on the rear. Are you saying there is a 3rd on the front & rear simultaneously ??

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Yes, I read that. I was under the assumption the 3rd scv was only in the front for grapple etc. like seen in his picture and the 4th & 5th were only on the rear. Are you saying there is a 3rd on the front & rear simultaneously ??

Yes... 3rd on front AND rear.

Dave

Reactions: rtgt and goat704!

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
As designed, it can be plumbed to the front OR rear, but his dealer added the Tee so it does appear in both locations-but obviously only one thing can be plumbed in at once.

We discussed this in these threads (Fred has quite a few asking hydro questions on this new rig):

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/hydraulics/182000-am-i-making-any-sense-dont-really-know-what-im-writing-about.html

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/hydraulics/182598-yet-another-hydraulic-question.html#post3202930

1 - 20 of 26 Posts