Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Better late than never, but I thought I would share my leaf cleanup solution. The leaf blower in the bucket has been discussed but, I never saw it illustrated. I have been running this for two fall cleanup seasons with very good success.

I have bucket hooks welded on to my H120. I use a load binder and chain to secure the blower by running the chain between the blower housing and the engine block. It is sturdy and secure.

The Billy-Goat blower has an adjustable nozzle that allows you to carry the blower slightly above the ground surface but still results in very good flow and leaf movement. Not sure this would work well with a Lil' Wonder type blower. I especially like to have the blower in the bucket because I can then articulate and manipulate the flow of air by lifting or curling. I also use the bucket lowered down into some drain ditches so that I can keep them clear.

Overall, this has been a very cost-effective setup and I think it has several advantages over a traditional (and expensive!) 3pt leaf blower. After regular grass cutting, I use the blower in the traditional walk-behind method to blow off the driveway. But for more extended uses such as during fall, it is mounted as seen in these pictures. Quite frankly, if I did not have this setup, there would be no way I would be able to do fall cleanups on my 4acres of yard.

Shoot me questions if you got em. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Lol
I thought about that same set up this past fall.
Figured i could strap a walk behind blower to the Artillian forks.
I have a backpack blower, but as i get older and lazier i come up with more crap to attach to the tractor. It'll be a Swiss Army 1025 before long.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Nice,being in the bucket you can get them moving before they hit the ground.:good2::lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts