Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cutting around 2 fields and then the race track in our field. I stopped multiple times to check that the blades were able to move and free. It was not a horrible vibration, but you could see everything on the cutter moving and feel it in the tractor. It seemed to get better twords the end.

I sprayed some pentrol in the blade holes to try to keep them moving. Alot of the paint has wore off where the blade spins.... I have not hit anything with this and I have been very careful since this is a new unit....

I can remember my mx5 doing the same thing, but once I lubed the blades it was better. Is this something everyone goes through? Or am I being over sensitive to the issue?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Probably over sensitive. I would guess, the blades may still be tight and took a while to sling out to full operating position. Ken Sweet

·
Registered
490 Posts
My dads mx6 has done that but only when i hit something. It will shake the whole tractor while it tries to get back up to speed. I find all sorts of stuff in our fields. Mostly chunks of concrete and masonry waste.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the same thing Darin. I thought maybe it was out. Its hard to tell with the plastic covering it.... I am waiting for the new tractor to get it out and see whats up. I feel a bit more safe with a heavier tractor, plus my 3 point issue of dropping and raising is getting pretty bad. It dropps about an inch in ten seconds and then raises with the MX6 back there.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have be thinking becasue it is a pretty fast vibration. about 3 vibes per second maybe 4..... How hard is it to bend a driveshaft. I am wondering if it might have got tweeked in loading or shipping? It goes in and out smooth?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts