Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was over at my neighbor's place picking up some concrete blocks he gave me and I noticed his Bucket w/ weld on grab hooks. He says it cost him less than $10 overall. I had him install the bucket on his 3320 w/ 300CX loader. Top hooks on the bucket were nice and snug, the same as my bucket to my 300CX on my 3720, which has no welding or hooks on it. I never asked him, but I am guessing he either just zapped them on real quick, or he preheated the steel flat bar that is welded on the bucket attach hook and then welded the hooks on.

He says its been on his 3320s bucket for about 7 years. I see lots of people welding and bolting on to the bucket top wall. I'm sure that fine and all, but this appears to be a slick way to do it. Kind of minimalist. In fact, this probably reinforces the bucket attach hooks even more.
3320 Bkt.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi JD

That's the way my dealer put the hooks on my 200CX bucket. He said that was the strongest point on the bucket to mount them.

Al

IMG_0017.JPG

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
I also like the fact the hooks lines up with the boom arms. Rather than being mounted at the outside edge of the bucket.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi JD

That's the way my dealer put the hooks on my 200CX bucket. He said that was the strongest point on the bucket to mount them.

Al

View attachment 138369
looks like your bucket is curled all the way in? I did want to see how close the hook gets to the cylinder, and it appears there is plenty of space. Looks great.

Make much more sense to weld on to that top plate. It's much more service-able compared to the bucket top itself. Theoretically if you had any issues, you could have the welds gouged out, repair the attachment point and reweld. If your bucket (dual wall or not) cracked or bent on the top, there wouldn't be much you could do other than leave it be. Thanks

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Agreed, I think if your welding hooks this is the way to go!

·
Registered
36 Posts
looks like your bucket is curled all the way in? I did want to see how close the hook gets to the cylinder, and it appears there is plenty of space. Looks great.

Make much more sense to weld on to that top plate. It's much more service-able compared to the bucket top itself. Theoretically if you had any issues, you could have the welds gouged out, repair the attachment point and reweld. If your bucket (dual wall or not) cracked or bent on the top, there wouldn't be much you could do other than leave it be. Thanks
Hi JD
I think it looks that way because of the camera angle. The loader is off the tractor because the snowblower is on so no picture, but the hooks clear the cylinders by enough to never be a problem.

Al

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Yup, I did the same.

Bucket Hook - 1.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts