Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been an exciting week. I have been wanting to get a tractor to help take care of our 5 acres for a couple of years, but I could never decide what size tractor or which implements that I needed. After reading every "What tractor should I get" thread on here and every other forum, I decided that I was just going to get what I could sneak past the finance committee and get started on some projects. A tractor in the hand is worth two in the bush, or something like that. So Monday, the wife and I went to the dealership to look at a 1025R FILB and they not only had them in stock, but they said they could deliver it the next day. It was fate and we walked away as new tractor owners. It got delivered yesterday and I have been smiling ever since. I even made some progress on cleaning up a burn pile.

One of the best moments so far was when I was showing my oldest son everything on the tractor, and then told him to hop up a take it for a spin. He got a big goofy grin on his face, and watching him drive it around made the whole thing worthwhile. I grew up on a farm and I remember the first time my dad trusted me with a tractor and how that made me feel. Watching him smile as he nervously drove around the yard filled me with pride, and I look forward to spending many hours with him working on projects.

I have been lurking on this site for quite a while and I wanted to thank everyone for all the great information and discussions found on this site. A special shout out to Tractor Time with Tim as he has entertained me and really shown me what these little tractors are capable of accomplishing with his YouTube videos.

- Brent

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Congrats on the :greentractorride:

Reactions: Herminator

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Congratulations Brent. I'm sure you & your family will love it for years to come.

Next you need to smooth the finance committee for some implements, attachments and a pile of Ken's goodies.

·
Premium Member
14,886 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

:bigthumb::congrats::greentractorride:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
:congrats: and Thanks for the pics!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
470 Posts
A tractor in the hand is worth two in the bush, or something like that.

- Brent

It is more like: "A tractor in the bush will save your hands"
You will be amazed at the things it can do.
Congrats!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I am already putting together the list of upgrades and attachments. Now I just have to figure out how to convince the wife that the upgrades will make her life so much better. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
:thumbup1gif: Sweet ride!

·
Premium Member
5,779 Posts
Congratulations. Your son will be better for it and so will you.:good2:

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,789 Posts
Congratulations cpumagicman and welcome to GTT. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. It will provide years of service and most importantly commoradery between you and your son.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Congrats on the machine. How much of your 5 acres is wooded vs grass?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's mostly grass with one strip of woods that needs to be cleaned up. I also have a 3/4 acre pond that needs a lot of TLC.

-Brent

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Congrats and welcome to GTT. I remember how my sons felt first time I let them operate the tractor. Enjoy your time with your kids and teach them to be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Congrats:greentractorride: A lucky son:bigthumb: My Dad was dedicated to doing everything manually...I must of shovelled a 100 tons of manure and compost in my formative years... :dunno:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts