Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
You're going to have a lot of fun "working" with that great looking tractor.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I finally took delivery of my new 1025R.

Very happy with the decision. Can't wait to put it to use this weekend!
Congrats, they are handy but like the rest of us get ready to spend money there's just no end to the uses you'll find for these scut's. But again congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats, they are handy but like the rest of us get ready to spend money there's just no end to the uses you'll find for these scut's. But again congrats

I know! I can definitely see a tooth bar and forks in my future!

Wondering what else I may need!

·
Premium Member
14,923 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::clapping::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts

Haha, same here, pallet forks and a tooth bar are definitely next on the shopping list

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

You can start with weights. Yep, money just keeps disappearing. :laugh:

Congrats on the tractor! Looks good! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congratulations on your new tractor:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You can start with weights. Yep, money just keeps disappearing. :laugh:

Congrats on the tractor! Looks good! :bigthumb:
What would you recommend? Wheel? Fill rear tires? Suitcase for the front?

The dealer didn't recommend filling the rear tires since I'd be cutting grass with it. Said it would create ruts in the lawn?

What tasks should I use them for? FEL specs call for about 600 pounds of rear ballast. I read the MCS manual and it said suitcas weights were not required. They have a 4 series at work and they run front weights on it for cutting the grass. No MCS.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Congrats on your tractor purchase!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Titan ballast box. To use with your loader/forks.

Nice Tractor!!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts

The dealer didn't recommend filling the rear tires since I'd be cutting grass with it. Said it would create ruts in the lawn?

What tasks should I use them for? FEL specs call for about 600 pounds of rear ballast. I read the MCS manual and it said suitcas weights were not required. They have a 4 series at work and they run front weights on it for cutting the grass. No MCS.
Just my opinion here but I like suit case weights. You can use them on the front or back. A ballast box can only be used on the back. But a ballast box can also be used for other things besides weight, I just don't like them. I'm also a fan of filling the tires. I have all 4 of my tires filled. I live on a hilly area. There are times I think I would like wheel weights also but to have to take them off when I want to take the tire off is a problem I don't need. It all comes down to what you like or don't like and how much money you want to put into it. Suit case weights aren't cheap but they are versatile and sooner or later you will probably have to get some anyway or wish you did.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

It depends on what kind of property you have and your intended use. Do a lot of research prior to buying because it's easy to find your self collecting implements and attachments. I would know, I have something like 9 of them. I use them all so...worthy investments but not cheap and I have a large storage problem.... some people say I have a green hoarding problem but I only own two tractors...others on here are much worse about it than me...I just like having tools that work:greentractorride:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

I don't have a large property, so have tried to be smart, and a minimalist with my attachments because of budget and storage space. Box blade was first. Gives some weight on the rear, and is extremely versatile for ripping and grading. Then a 2" hitch reciever for the 3ph, because removing the 3ph arms to hook to the lawn cart, aerator, spreader, etc quickly became annoying. Then a set of pallet forks.

Good luck with the new machine!

·
Registered
527 Posts

gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

I am also a fan of using suitcase weights. As Levi mentioned it gives you more versatility than the ballast box. Sometimes you can catch them on sale at the Home Depot and get the free shipping to your home. I have wheel weights on my 1025R and do not have any issues leaving ruts in the lawn. Just make sure that it is dry when you mow. Also think about how you will store your implements & attachments. You might want to buy some furniture dollies or check out many of the threads here to see some of the creative ways fellow members have done. Enjoy the new tractor

·
Registered
129 Posts
Instead of using weights as ballast for my front end loader, I simply bought a Heavy Hitch and a pair of forks for my three point hitch. Now I can just pick up a pre-cut log with the rear forks and use that as ballast. Kills two birds with one stone as the forks come in really handy for moving things around.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts

You won't need front weights for mowing, unless you have one heck of a steep incline to mow that might require MFWD. I have the 50 lb rear wheel weights that do just fine for a little extra weight, probably going to load my tires soon but still researching the different fluids.:thumbup1gif::greentractorride:

Reactions: Levi
1 - 20 of 34 Posts