Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealership finally dropped it off Friday afternoon and took my x730 away. I installed the Load n Go and mulching kit (which having the Load n Go installed made life easy!) and then cut my lawn Saturday. I've got 4 acres with both large open areas and areas with lots of trees and I have to say that it's pretty much just as maneuverable as my x730. Definitely heavier and the 3PH makes it a little more difficult backing up to get in close but other than that I'm pretty impressed. The x730 was an incredible lawn machine (and was pretty good at moving snow). This isn't quite the lawn machine but having the loader makes it a lot more useful. Again, thank you to everyone on this forum...incredibly useful info and I've learned a lot!
JD1025r.jpg

·
Registered
558 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Nice looking unit. Enjoy it and put it to work. I see the quick hitch did you get the blade with it? I went with the 60" CTA blade with mine.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking unit. Enjoy it and put it to work. I see the quick hitch did you get the blade with it? I went with the 60" CTA blade with mine.
I kept the blade that I had with my x730 but everything else had to be changed unfortunately. Dealership did do the quick hitch, hydraulics swap for nothing though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Man, it must have been rough letting that 730 go. Congrats on the new one.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
286 Posts
You mean you got dry grass to cut? I'm jealous.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Always exciting with the new machine. The x730 (all x7xx machines) is one of the best garden tractors for cutting grass but having the FEL and the 3 point open up a whole new world of projects and efficiency. Basically, you went from Great to Excellent in handy and helpful machines. Congratulations on your new tractor.:good2:

You will be surprised how low the front quick hitch mounts on your new 1025r. The blade lift height and the plow carry height on the 1 series is at least several inches lower when compared to the x730, due to the quick hitch mounting under the tractor frame on the 1 series verses hanging on the front of the frame on the x730. Should you end up with the blower, the forward drive kit leaves the driveshaft from the mid PTO to the blower hanging MUCH lower under the 1 series to line up and drive through the front quick hitch mounting. Its just important to keep in mind when pushing into piles and also driving in deep snow, etc.

The 1 series does a phenomenal job plowing snow when you get it set up correctly with rear ballast. Between the 4wd and the agility of the machine, its ideal for residential driveway plowing. If you haven't added wings or widened your plow blade you will likely be considering it because the machine is capable of much more than the 54" plow width.

And here is someone who WON'T be joining the "I smacked my ROPS on the Garage Door Header Club" based upon the overhead doors in the picture behind you (assuming that is at your home)......

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
It's not hard to take the 3-point hitch off for mowing. If you have HeavyHitch's weight rack and cart, it's really easy. LINK HERE

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Congratulations enjoy the new tractor. The Load-n-Go really makes me jealous. It’s one of those things that really makes you think about buying a new tractor.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Always exciting with the new machine. The x730 (all x7xx machines) is one of the best garden tractors for cutting grass but having the FEL and the 3 point open up a whole new world of projects and efficiency. Basically, you went from Great to Excellent in handy and helpful machines. Congratulations on your new tractor.:good2:

You will be surprised how low the front quick hitch mounts on your new 1025r. The blade lift height and the plow carry height on the 1 series is at least several inches lower when compared to the x730, due to the quick hitch mounting under the tractor frame on the 1 series verses hanging on the front of the frame on the x730. Should you end up with the blower, the forward drive kit leaves the driveshaft from the mid PTO to the blower hanging MUCH lower under the 1 series to line up and drive through the front quick hitch mounting. Its just important to keep in mind when pushing into piles and also driving in deep snow, etc.

The 1 series does a phenomenal job plowing snow when you get it set up correctly with rear ballast. Between the 4wd and the agility of the machine, its ideal for residential driveway plowing. If you haven't added wings or widened your plow blade you will likely be considering it because the machine is capable of much more than the 54" plow width.

And here is someone who WON'T be joining the "I smacked my ROPS on the Garage Door Header Club" based upon the overhead doors in the picture behind you (assuming that is at your home)......
Thank you for the heads up on the front hitch and snow blade height. Not that I'm looking forward to winter already but I'm anxious to see how much lower it is. Maybe I'll throw the blade on this weekend and take a look. Definitely looking into the wings for the blade. That would probably be one less pass I'd have to make!

That is my barn behind the tractor and I'm lucky I've got the doors....now I just have to remember to open them enough so I don't hit the ROPS!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations enjoy the new tractor. The Load-n-Go really makes me jealous. It’s one of those things that really makes you think about buying a new tractor.
I went back and forth deciding if I wanted to shell out the 200 something bucks on it. I've got back issues and everything else so I was able to justify it as making my life easier and it has already!

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
Thank you for the heads up on the front hitch and snow blade height. Not that I'm looking forward to winter already but I'm anxious to see how much lower it is. Maybe I'll throw the blade on this weekend and take a look. Definitely looking into the wings for the blade. That would probably be one less pass I'd have to make!

That is my barn behind the tractor and I'm lucky I've got the doors....now I just have to remember to open them enough so I don't hit the ROPS!
Shown below, is the ultimate in plow "wings" and width so far on GTT that I have seen for a SCUT. I took two of the 54" Deere Plow's and cut the center out of one plow and added the ends to the other plow. It's now 7'3" wide, so 87" wide. It takes special practice to plow with something so wide and I have yet to en counter any snowfalls I couldn't handle.

When the snow is very wet and deep, I have to take "smaller bites" with the plow but that doesn't happen more than a few times a season, usually early and late. I have plowed with this plow now for at least 5 or 6 winters, in fact, I used this plow the first several years on my 2wd 455 and it also did well with tire chains and rear weight.

I plowed 24 driveways in my immediate neighborhood the past couple of winters. Prior to that, I plowed about 8 to 10 with my 455. With this set up, I can plow up to 8 driveways per hour and they are all within 2,500 feet of my house. In fact, I have 9 driveways in a row which I plow, starting with my own driveway. I also plow about 1,600 feet of private road as I plow my 95' cul de sac and the road all the way around to the entrance. One thing which is very interesting is I plow with a rubber squeegee on the plow blade and also the top flap, both which I fabricated and added. But the rubber squeegee cleans the surface perfectly and leaves the pavement dry.

I really enjoy plowing snow and at the average driveway generating $35 (excluding the lowest at $25 which is just 40 feet long and the highest at $125 which is 800 feet long) and plowing an average of 7 to 8 driveways an hour, that is a quick "cost recovery" method on the equipment investment. The winter of 2017 / 2018, I plowed a record 45 times that season between December 10th and February 16th. This past winter, I plowed 30 times from November through April, which is about average.

Some will insist that the tractor can't handle a plow larger than 60"........well, to each their own. When you plow 24 driveways 45 times a year, that's the equivalent of plowing nearly 1,000 driveways. Trust me, if the machine wouldn't or couldn't handle the plow, I would have made changes to my creation......but it does just fine with the width and snow volume. Just like anything, much of the result is the plow operator's experience, skill and knowledge.........and planning ahead while plowing.

You will like the plow wings at a minimum. But I strongly encourage you to replace the steel plow strap with the rubber squeegee and that you add a plow top flap, to really be ready for snow plowing with your new machine.....Feel free to PM me with any questions about the plow, etc. or post the questions here and I will try to make it a point to check back and reply.

The last picture shows the snow piles I plowed in one of the neighbors driveways, note the neighbor on the roof at least 14 feet in the air behind the pile for some scale.....I put the loader on once or twice a season depending upon snow fall, and stack the snow where it starts to get tight, such as in the curve corner of the drive in the picture. There is a water fountain and other features in that drive so much of the snow ends up in the one corner.

My garage door is 9' wide and there is a stock 54" plow sitting off to the side, which I bought with the new tractor just in case there was some issue and I wouldn't be able to handle the large plow on the new machine. I plowed once with the 54" plow and after taking over a 7 foot bite each pass, it about drive me nuts to plow at 4'6" of width.......it also killed my plowing efficiency rate. I will probably sell the 54" plow this fall as I don't need it.

That's why I mentioned the plow carry height as with the 1 series carrying the plow much lower, it means that carrying the plow angled is not possible on the 1 series with my "Big Boy Plow". So, I plow with it and make sure to straighten the plow when lifting it and backing or turning, etc. and that is no issue. Once i lower the plow to the pavement, I angle it as needed and plow away.........works just fine, other than not being able to carry it raised in the angled position, but that's easily dealt with.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
:thumbup1gif:Nice Enjoy :congrats:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shown below, is the ultimate in plow "wings" and width so far on GTT that I have seen for a SCUT. I took two of the 54" Deere Plow's and cut the center out of one plow and added the ends to the other plow. It's now 7'3" wide, so 87" wide. It takes special practice to plow with something so wide and I have yet to en counter any snowfalls I couldn't handle.

When the snow is very wet and deep, I have to take "smaller bites" with the plow but that doesn't happen more than a few times a season, usually early and late. I have plowed with this plow now for at least 5 or 6 winters, in fact, I used this plow the first several years on my 2wd 455 and it also did well with tire chains and rear weight.

I plowed 24 driveways in my immediate neighborhood the past couple of winters. Prior to that, I plowed about 8 to 10 with my 455. With this set up, I can plow up to 8 driveways per hour and they are all within 2,500 feet of my house. In fact, I have 9 driveways in a row which I plow, starting with my own driveway. I also plow about 1,600 feet of private road as I plow my 95' cul de sac and the road all the way around to the entrance. One thing which is very interesting is I plow with a rubber squeegee on the plow blade and also the top flap, both which I fabricated and added. But the rubber squeegee cleans the surface perfectly and leaves the pavement dry.

I really enjoy plowing snow and at the average driveway generating $35 (excluding the lowest at $25 which is just 40 feet long and the highest at $125 which is 800 feet long) and plowing an average of 7 to 8 driveways an hour, that is a quick "cost recovery" method on the equipment investment. The winter of 2017 / 2018, I plowed a record 45 times that season between December 10th and February 16th. This past winter, I plowed 30 times from November through April, which is about average.

Some will insist that the tractor can't handle a plow larger than 60"........well, to each their own. When you plow 24 driveways 45 times a year, that's the equivalent of plowing nearly 1,000 driveways. Trust me, if the machine wouldn't or couldn't handle the plow, I would have made changes to my creation......but it does just fine with the width and snow volume. Just like anything, much of the result is the plow operator's experience, skill and knowledge.........and planning ahead while plowing.

You will like the plow wings at a minimum. But I strongly encourage you to replace the steel plow strap with the rubber squeegee and that you add a plow top flap, to really be ready for snow plowing with your new machine.....Feel free to PM me with any questions about the plow, etc. or post the questions here and I will try to make it a point to check back and reply.

The last picture shows the snow piles I plowed in one of the neighbors driveways, note the neighbor on the roof at least 14 feet in the air behind the pile for some scale.....I put the loader on once or twice a season depending upon snow fall, and stack the snow where it starts to get tight, such as in the curve corner of the drive in the picture. There is a water fountain and other features in that drive so much of the snow ends up in the one corner.

My garage door is 9' wide and there is a stock 54" plow sitting off to the side, which I bought with the new tractor just in case there was some issue and I wouldn't be able to handle the large plow on the new machine. I plowed once with the 54" plow and after taking over a 7 foot bite each pass, it about drive me nuts to plow at 4'6" of width.......it also killed my plowing efficiency rate. I will probably sell the 54" plow this fall as I don't need it.

That's why I mentioned the plow carry height as with the 1 series carrying the plow much lower, it means that carrying the plow angled is not possible on the 1 series with my "Big Boy Plow". So, I plow with it and make sure to straighten the plow when lifting it and backing or turning, etc. and that is no issue. Once i lower the plow to the pavement, I angle it as needed and plow away.........works just fine, other than not being able to carry it raised in the angled position, but that's easily dealt with.
Wow, that is a pretty impressive set up! Luckily here in SW Ohio we don't get THAT much snow! I think last winter I probably plowed a total of 3 or 4 times. It's just enough to be a nuisance if I don't do it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congratulations on your new toy, (uhh, oops), tractor. I also have the load & go & it makes it so easy to clean the mower deck and check the blades. Have fun!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts