Green Tractor Talk banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
So you plough, rake, till, seed fields at 14mph?......Your the first one i have ever know to do that.
I never said that. What idiot would perform ground engaging work in high range?

The question was about why John Deere provides a high range and statements about why they made these things so speedy. I am just saying some people want to travel that quickly, like when going from one pasture to another, or in my case when going from one end of my property to another.

Please try to keep up.

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with saying I don't know why the tractors are made so speedy, guys.

I can't see driving the tractor at full speed even on a level driveway, it felt a bit too fast/unsafe , but hey if you can do it safely and need to travel a long way feel free.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I never said that. What idiot would perform ground engaging work in high range?

The question was about why John Deere provides a high range and statements about why they made these things so speedy. I am just saying some people want to travel that quickly, like when going from one pasture to another, or in my case when going from one end of my property to another.

Please try to keep up.
you were saying the same as i, my misunderstanding and i apologize. i mentioned hyways to me thats a paved road from point a to b......smile....
To be honest i have been known to use first gear in high range to bush hog pasture drinking beer sometimes at night if the mood strikes me. Still pretty slow but slightley faster than fifth in low range on my old Ford 2000 D. But never ground breaking work just berry control. Won't use poisons

·
Registered
97 Posts
View attachment 790902 View attachment 790903
Here's the single point connector with the third function. The third function is not included in the single point, i plan to add another 2 line one at some point.

Also I installed my home made hydralic top and tilt kit, which was pretty easy and works perfectly.
View attachment 790904

I need to tidy up the lines a little but it was hard to know the length needed since I didn't have the yet when I designed it.
Awesome! Did you make your own lines or have a source? Would you be willing to make and sell a duplicate set? I'm getting ready to order the cylinders but I don't have hose-making capabilities.

·
Registered
2021 John Deere 2032R
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Awesome! Did you make your own lines or have a source? Would you be willing to make and sell a duplicate set? I'm getting ready to order the cylinders but I don't have hose-making capabilities.
There is lots of places around here that make custom hydralic lines so that would be easy. Princess auto for example will make custom lines. However, I bought these hoses from agstore then used homemade adpaters on the tilt cylinder.

I'd proabbly consider making a duplicate kit, however i'm not a sponsor here since I only recently joined so feel free to PM me and we can talk.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts