Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is. I do not have anything else for it now. Got the rears filled with beet juice last week.

I'm impressed with how much grass I can stuff into the deck, never had mower that would chuck grass that far before without bogging down.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,071 Posts
Very cool, thanks for posting :yahoo:

What is big and blue in the background?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very cool, thanks for posting :yahoo:

What is big and blue in the background?
Congrats on the new tractor! I'm gonna put my guess in that the blue machine in the background is a Ford 5000...maybe late 60s?

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Very nice. Congrats and have fun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is my dad's waste of time, it is a 9700 Ford pulling tractor he pulls in the farm stock class.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very nice Jeffery, :thumbup1gif: now what mods do you have planed for it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first thing I plan to do with it, is weld some chain hooks to the front bucket. One on each edge, and probably one in the center. Other than wrapping a chain completely around the bucket, don't really see any other way right now. Got a few posts I'd like to pull. I'd love to have a set of pallet forks for it when budget allows, then I probably wouldn't need the hooks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
congrats on the new beast Jeffery!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats Jeffery, you are going to be pleased with this. I have purchased forks from everything attachments and am glad I did. Here is a pick is the small wood pile. Also I posted a pick of Bolt on hooks you can find on this site. You will still need these even though you have pallet forks. And a pic of my grandsons new swing set fort I would not have been able to start without the forks. It was given to us and had to put it back together with no instructions or help.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,071 Posts
The first thing I plan to do with it, is weld some chain hooks to the front bucket. One on each edge, and probably one in the center. Other than wrapping a chain completely around the bucket, don

·
Administrator
21,071 Posts
The first thing I plan to do with it, is weld some chain hooks to the front bucket. One on each edge, and probably one in the center. Other than wrapping a chain completely around the bucket, don't really see any other way right now. Got a few posts I'd like to pull. I'd love to have a set of pallet forks for it when budget allows, then I probably wouldn

·
Administrator
21,071 Posts
The first thing I plan to do with it, is weld some chain hooks to the front bucket. One on each edge, and probably one in the center. Other than wrapping a chain completely around the bucket, don't really see any other way right now. Got a few posts I'd like to pull. I'd love to have a set of pallet forks for it when budget allows, then I probably wouldn't need the hooks.
It's best to weld hooks inline with the bucket cylinders for strength. Also add a 1/4" plate to help distribute the load better. You will still want hooks even with forks.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Congrats on your new machine Jeffery!:good2:

You will still want hooks even with forks.
DITTO!!

Greg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,708 Posts
I agree with rriley, kennyd and glc. You will need some place to attach a chain.

Grass Tractor Lawn Vehicle Lawn aerator

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love tearing out small trees with this tractor and loader. The bucket edge is quite sharp for tearing out roots, and the hydrostat is perfect for back and forth close quarters work (I was skeptical having used power reversers on larger machines), surprised how much the hydro will push.

So far, the beet juice is enough for me without additional ballast.

5 hours on the meter.

The bucket volume is a bit small I've found, hard to really load much into it without it being full immediately. End up pushing logs and brush at distance, where with a larger bucketed machine I'd usually be able to pick them up and fit it inside the bucket.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.