Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I decided to pick up another 318 that popped up for sale locally. I previously had another 318 with a 44 loader, but sold that last year. I've also had several 200 series tractors and a couple of random Cub Cadets. I decided to finally part ways with my 214 which had been my primary tractor for the last couple years. Here's my current 318, overall it's in pretty good shape, lower hours, and I've been slowly getting up up to date on all the maintenance. I've been mowing with it since the start of the season and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I'd like to pick up another 300 series some time over the summer to have a backup tractor as well that I can swap attachments between.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A few weeks ago I decided to pick up another 318 that popped up for sale locally. I previously had another 318 with a 44 loader, but sold that last year. I've also had several 200 series tractors and a couple of random Cub Cadets. I decided to finally part ways with my 214 which had been my primary tractor for the last couple years. Here's my current 318, overall it's in pretty good shape, lower hours, and I've been slowly getting up up to date on all the maintenance. I've been mowing with it since the start of the season and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I'd like to pick up another 300 series some time over the summer to have a backup tractor as well that I can swap attachments between.

Nice! I have a low hour all original 1990 with 50" deck that I am going to sell "if and when the economy recovers".

·
Registered
807 Posts
Beautiful 318, looks like it's really been well-cared for. Sounds smoother than my '84 model, I'm eventually going to have to rebuild my motor. I'll never get rid of my 318, it's a great mower. Mine has the 50" deck also. I just sold an '86 212 and an '86 214 that I've had for quite a few years. Always intended to restore them but never got around to it, and my nephew wanted them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, mechanically I'm pretty happy with it. I'm mostly caught up on maintenance now and really like how it mows. Here's a few more videos I did with it recently.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A video I made a while back on the fuel pump vacuum hose.

An update on the tractor. I recently switched over to a 50" deck. I found a 214 for sale that someone modified a 50" 300 series deck for and bought the tractor with the deck. All of the mods were bolt on, so I just took them off and put the deck right on my 318. It's in better than shape overall than my 46" was. I'm still hoping to pick up a bagger for it soon.

I'm going this afternoon to hopefully pick up a rear 3-point blade to use for grading.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately the deal didn't work out on the blade, so I'm still looking for one. Most of what I can find is cat 1, and while I can switch the lower pins out for cat 0 most of the time, I'm worried that the other dimensions will make it difficult to lift it high enough.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
What bagging system are you thinking about?

·
Registered
1 Posts
A video I made a while back on the fuel pump vacuum hose.

An update on the tractor. I recently switched over to a 50" deck. I found a 214 for sale that someone modified a 50" 300 series deck for and bought the tractor with the deck. All of the mods were bolt on, so I just took them off and put the deck right on my 318. It's in better than shape overall than my 46" was. I'm still hoping to pick up a bagger for it soon.

I'm going this afternoon to hopefully pick up a rear 3-point blade to use for grading.
Quick question on the fuel pump pulse line. We're you able to get the lower engine tin screw back in? The one between the frame and the engine. I gave up after 45 minutes. I didn't want to pull the engine mount bolts and lift the engine. Any trick? Thanks. Good video.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick question on the fuel pump pulse line. We're you able to get the lower engine tin screw back in? The one between the frame and the engine. I gave up after 45 minutes. I didn't want to pull the engine mount bolts and lift the engine. Any trick? Thanks. Good video.
I recommend putting that in first and working your way back to to the top, that worked for me.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
It takes about 10 minutes to loosen the motor mounts, make room and then retighten it. I find it’s easier to just do it then work around it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts