Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While not really a "mod" to the BB, this is more of an attachment. Our house sits about 800 feet off the county road and I needed a way to take the trash can out for weekly pick up. I know there are some versions of can haulers that attach to the three point but my Ballast box lives on the tractor 99% of the time and taking the BB off once a week for the trash doesn't work for me so I fab'd up this quick attach can lifter to mount on the BB. One big thumb screw holds it on and it takes about 10 seconds to mount. I lower the BB to about one inch off the ground, back in to the trash can and pick it up. So far, it has performed as needed. The only actual modification to the BB was to drill a hole for the thumb screw.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
That is using your noggin for more than holding your hat . . . well done

Has the garbage can ever fallen of?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice craftsmanship on this, looks great and professionally built now make the can attachments changeable to fit other standard trash cans and sizes which should be some what easy than take it to market.

JD 1023-E 2017 H-120 Loader, 54” A.C Mower Deck, 3-ph Ballast Box, 47” JD Snowblower w/Quick Hitch & Remote Control Chute Flap, Original Tractor Cab with Glass Windshield, Wiper, Heater, Armrest added to Seat, Front Led Lights, Rear Hitch Receiver, Rear 3-ph Grader Blade.
Interest: Woodworking-Tractors-Chris-Craft Boats.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Nice job there j. white. Very creative and functional.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nice work :bigthumb:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for posting this idea. :thumbup1gif:

Made me wish I'd gotten a ballast box with a hitch receiver, since I already have the Heavy Hitch trash can carrier.

Now my next tractor project is going to be adding a receiver to my ballast box.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts