Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet my tasty new friends, Sriracha hot chili sauce and roasted red pepper hummus. They are both addictive. I actually like putting the hummus on some El Milagro tortilla chips and then add some Sriracha. If you aren't used to eating spicy chili sauce, use it sparingly and keep something to drink close by.

Sriracha is good in soups too. It turns simple chicken noodle soup into a spicy culinary delight.

When I first heard of the chili sauce I thought it might be too hot. Not so, at least it isn't for me.

Any of you guys like it? I need to let up on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
It's great on pizza and all sorts of noodles as well. I started to eat that 5 or 6 years ago before it became famous. Pretty good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I use Sriracha, along with habaneros to make hot wings. And Cholula goes with EVERYTHING. Of course, I can also go through a huge bottle of Tabasco every month. :fed: And I too have been using Sriracha for many years. Used to have to go to an Asian market to find it! Now, one can buy it at most grocery stores, and even order it online from Amazon!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,028 Posts
I use Sriracha, along with habaneros to make hot wings. And Cholula goes with EVERYTHING. Of course, I can also go through a huge bottle of Tabasco every month. :fed: And I too have been using Sriracha for many years. Used to have to go to an Asian market to find it! Now, one can buy it at most grocery stores, and even order it online from Amazon!
You had us believing you only had to touch them.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like Sriracha. If you like it, try Cholula. I put that stuff on everything.
I'll have to try some Cholula. There used to be a store in the area that sold Mexican grocery supplies and fresh tamales among other food items. They had some kind of chili hot sauce with the seeds in it. Don't recall the name but it came in plastic tubs. It was pretty good, just very hot. Used to put it on the jalapeno beef tamales.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I thought Siriracha just got in trouble for burning the mucous membranes out of the townsfolk where the factory moved to, and not sterilizing the sauce? I do want to try it though!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
There was a big fuss over the fumes from the plant during peak processing time, but last I heard a judge ruled that they would be allowed to continue operating. As for the sanitation, I have no idea. Didn't hear about that.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The news story said because the sauce is cold-processed, the govt (those guys here to help) inspectors said none could be shipped for a month or some number of days until any bacterial contamination would show up. Then they could start shipping again.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Glenn,

My wife has been buying all kinds of hummus lately. How hot is the roasted red pepper stuff?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Siriracha is the bomb!!

A buddy turned me on to it. It's not like Red Hot or any of the others it has a nice smokey flavor. I do alot of Bar-B-Que smoking and find it really helps kick the heat up a little. When I'm on one of my Fly Fishing trips I put it on my fried Trout filets. It's tasty on fileted channel cat as well.

However, the older I get the more sensitive my system is. I usually pay for it later.http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/cry.gifhttp://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/beer.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts