Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of my new E130 from Lowe’s. I know some don’t like this series of mowers. Couple of questions for the all knowing members here. First when I went to fill gas tank it seems to be just sitting in there with no tie down at all. Next there is no easy way to tell when it full of fuel until it’s too late. I’ll pour slower next time. Finally, I got the mulching cover and I thought I read on here that the stock blades on this mower are the correct blades. Thanks for any information. Gary

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
The E130 uses the same fuel tank arrangement as previous models in that the tank sits in a cradle and rocks forward and backward depending on how much fuel is in it. When it rocks forward it presses on the mechanical fuel gauge linkage. The cradle and gauge linkage are highlighted below.

Filling is a bit tricky as the fuel gauge is in front of the seat but you have to pour the fuel in from the rear of the tractor.

The parts list shows the mower blade as a "3 in 1". I assume that means it works for side discharge, mulching and bagging. I would check in your owner's manual for more information. I tried to look at the on-line manual but JD has not yet made it accessible.

e130_tank.jpg

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just took delivery of my new E130 from Lowe’s. I know some don’t like this series of mowers. Couple of questions for the all knowing members here. First when I went to fill gas tank it seems to be just sitting in there with no tie down at all. Next there is no easy way to tell when it full of fuel until it’s too late. I’ll pour slower next time. Finally, I got the mulching cover and I thought I read on here that the stock blades on this mower are the correct blades. Thanks for any information. Gary
Yes it just floats with nothing securing it and tank capacity it 2.4g. I'm assuming the gas tank it see-through allowing you to see the level from the outside, no?I'm not sure about the correct blades v. mulching blades.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This my third 100 series on was bigger one was smaller but they all were trouble free. I didn’t want the single cylinder engine. Definitely getting rid of the 30 second oil change gimmick. Looks like an easy fix. Just waiting for the grass to green up now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Blades

I'm assuming it's like the D130, it comes with mulching blades or multi purpose I think they call them. I use a bagger and mulch also. I use the "high lift" blades for bagging and "gator blades" for mulching. The "high lift" blades do the best cutting in my opinion. They really stand the grass up for a nice even cut. The "gator blades" do the best at mulching, but doesn't have enough wind speed to push the clippings up and into the catcher. I mow a acre and a half with mine. I have 240 hours on it and will upgrade to a X or Z series when I wear this one out.

Congratulations on the new mower!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mulching Blades?

I have an E130 on order.

I was thinking of making a mulching plug. (They want $70 for a damn plug here). How well do the stock blades mulch?

I have been looking at Gator and Mambo mulching blades but can't quite figure out what to order. Anyone have any links? (I need to ship to Canada).

This is our first Lawn Tractor. Was surprised to find out it did not come with a mulching plug!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m reading that the stock blades are “3-Way” blades that do it all okay but none of the three great. I’m waiting to try mine out. My older LA110 had a mulching only deck that came from JD that worked great but I don’t see that offered anymore. It didn’t have any discharge shoot at all mulch only.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purging the trans axel

On another note. I was looking at a Husqvarna before buying this one and they had something in the manual about Purging the trans axel before using. Is that necessary on the JD? Said to put in transport mode and push forward and reverse peddles before driving. Just checking.

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
On another note. I was looking at a Husqvarna before buying this one and they had something in the manual about Purging the trans axel before using. Is that necessary on the JD? Said to put in transport mode and push forward and reverse peddles before driving. Just checking.
I would recommend checking the E130 manual as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts