Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite my love of green, I've always liked small Ford tractors. I found this little jewel at a very reasonable price. It's a 1965 Ford 3000 with independent PTO, power steering, diff lock, rear SCV, 8 speed, two owner tractor with 1750 hours. The prior owner installed a new battery and carb. All gauges and lights work. It came with a 6' Ford finish mower and a 5' Land Pride brush hog. It will need new front tires and one rear tire. One rear tire is like new so maybe I can find a matching Firestone (I hate mis-matched tractor tires).
I'm really looking forward to doing a little old fashioned brush hogging with this guy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rod330/19137011564/in/album-72157655980828665/

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,204 Posts
Looks like a great buy in the hours and looks department. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Very nice it look new.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Looks like a sweet find that you will enjoy using!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I like it, my FIL had one a couple sizes bigger, but no where near as nice. I think his was a 5000

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Nice, clean tractor. :good2:
The FORD utility tractors are great. If I wouldn't be such a die-hard John Deere guy, I'd own one.
Thanks for the pics.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
So very nice ,,thanks for posting.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Late to the party, but this brought back memories. We, meaning my extended family, had all sorts of Ford tracors, from 8N to 3000 to 3600. Also had Farmalls too from M to a 450D.

While I love the new green tractors, the old blue and red/white tractors interest me more. :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've really enjoyed the Ford 3000 so far. It's been great using the LandPride brush hog that came with it. I've made a few major and minor updates:
- cleaned some gunk out of the tank and replaced the shutoff valve which solved a problem with the engine surging under load
- replaced the fan belt, upper and lower radiator hoses
- replaced the points and condenser with electronic ignition
- replaced the temperature sending unit so the gauge now functions
- replaced the stiff, cracked seat with a brand new one
- replaced the cracked wheel spinner with a brand new one
- added four brand new Firestone tires
- purchased a set of safety chains for the rear of the LandPride brush hog (came only with front chains)

I'll be using this as my primary mowing machine at the old family farm next spring....should be lots of fun!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,432 Posts
I've really enjoyed the Ford 3000 so far. It's been great using the LandPride brush hog that came with it. I've made a few major and minor updates:
- cleaned some gunk out of the tank and replaced the shutoff valve which solved a problem with the engine surging under load
- replaced the fan belt, upper and lower radiator hoses
- replaced the points and condenser with electronic ignition
- replaced the temperature sending unit so the gauge now functions
- replaced the stiff, cracked seat with a brand new one
- replaced the cracked wheel spinner with a brand new one
- added four brand new Firestone tires
- purchased a set of safety chains for the rear of the LandPride brush hog (came only with front chains)

I'll be using this as my primary mowing machine at the old family farm next spring....should be lots of fun!
Nice tractor, reminds me of the old N9's, second tractor I ever drove as a kid.
Like the upgrades you made to it.
The 3000 looks in great shape.:good2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Nice, I also like the older Fords. I had a 600 kick myself for getting rid of it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
very nice what did u pay for it? Hard to find with ps independent pto....looks like a gasser
Yes, it's a gasser. I paid $5100 for the tractor, finish mower and brush hog. The original owner's son included new blades for both mowers. I'd estimate the finish mower's value at $500 and the brush hog at $800 so that puts the tractor around $3800. At least in this area, that was a real bargain considering the condition. It didn't really "need" new rear tires but I wanted them. The fronts were badly weathered.

By the way, since the original posting, I discovered it's from 1975. The original owner passed away a couple of years ago and his son only put 5 hours on it before selling it to me. The local New Holland dealer had all of the service records.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,432 Posts
Yes, it's a gasser. I paid $5100 for the tractor, finish mower and brush hog. The original owner's son included new blades for both mowers. I'd estimate the finish mower's value at $500 and the brush hog at $800 so that puts the tractor around $3800. At least in this area, that was a real bargain considering the condition. It didn't really "need" new rear tires but I wanted them. The fronts were badly weathered.

By the way, since the original posting, I discovered it's from 1975. The original owner passed away a couple of years ago and his son only put 5 hours on it before selling it to me. The local New Holland dealer had all of the service records.
That sounds like a seriously good deal!:good2:
Have you checked the prices on a new Bush Hog and a new finish mower lately? :gizmo:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sounds like a seriously good deal!:good2:
Have you checked the prices on a new Bush Hog and a new finish mower lately? :gizmo:
Ha ha...funny you should ask that question. Today I gave a deposit on a new Woods BB72X. It was $2500 plus tax with front and rear chain guards. I'm going to use it with the Ford at my place in Pennsylvania and keep the Land Pride for my Deere 3720 in Ohio. The Land Pride that came with the Ford is their medium duty model and very well built.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts