Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure where to put this thread so since all my buddies are here at the SCUT page I figured it was a good place to start. My wife and I purchased a new class C motorhome last September and are getting ready to rack up the miles in May. Our first trip will be from NH to TN, over to WV and back home. Will be doing around 3200 miles our first trip. I have been thinking it would be cool it any of you are along my route I could stop in and visit. Although I have never met any of you, I feel as though we are all a close knit group. Just a thought. Here is my new "tractor" and my route.:yahoo:

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why not a trip to Alaska? Stop by and I'll grill us up some dead salmon.

·
Premium Member
14,864 Posts
Looks like you will be passing between etcallhome and myself. I'm about 5 miles west of I79 just outside of Morgantown, WV.
Like felixm said you'll be closer to him ,but I'm within 30 miles. In around Morgantown 2-4 days out of the week.

Reactions: fuelhog2000

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you will be passing between etcallhome and myself. I'm about 5 miles west of I79 just outside of Morgantown, WV.
I will keep that in mind. When we get close I just may PM you for a visit. It all depends on how the trip is going.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
6.0?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Yes 636, it's a 6.0. I couldn't afford the 6.6 Duramax diesel lol. It gets 10.5 miles to the gallon at 62mph which isn't too bad considering its a house.:lol:

Reactions: 636mullet

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately you won't be within 100 miles of me. I am interested in your adventure, though. Do you have campgrounds identified along your route?

Lee
No campgrounds in mind. We will just search for one when we get tired of driving. I purchased a nice RV specific GPS that locates campgrounds for me.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If stop #13 were just a little further south you could stop by here. How long will you be in the Chattanooga area?

Nice motor home...
Not sure how long we will be in Chattanooga. It's just a waypoint along a route that I chose. We will stay as long as things stay interesting.:mocking:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not a trip to Alaska? Stop by and I'll grill us up some dead salmon.
Oh man, I would love some dead fish! That trip will be in the works within a few years. This is just our first big trip and the route has no specific agenda in mind.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Yes 636, it's a 6.0. I couldn't afford the 6.6 Duramax diesel lol. It gets 10.5 miles to the gallon at 62mph which isn't too bad considering its a house.:lol:
As a GM guy I'd offer to take the 6.0 off your hands when you decide to toss a Duramax in. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Stop #10 looks awful close to Nashville. :)

If you're in the area, check out the Days Gone By museum in Portland TN (just north of Nashville on I-65) and the Lane Motor Museum (in Nashville on Murfreesboro Rd). Both are awesome, Days Gone By has a lot of really cool tractor stuff.

Of course, if you're in the general Middle TN area and the timing works, I think I know a couple of guys that might be willing to grab a beer and say hello. :good2::greentractorride:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As a GM guy I'd offer to take the 6.0 off your hands when you decide to toss a Duramax in. :lol:

Sure thing lol. I got to drive the new 2014 Corvette Stingray today. It had the base engine with 450 HP and holy hell does it handle nice.

Reactions: 636mullet

·
Registered
45 Posts
If your stop #19 is Pittsburgh and from there you are heading to I80 on Rt 28/66 you will be going right past our place about a hour north of Pittsburgh. Enjoy your trip, it's always nice to get away.
Good luck Jason

1 - 20 of 36 Posts