Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my tiller yesterday and started working on it today. I think Im going to like it. The County Line 48 inch tiller is reversable so that was the first order of business. I had already checked out how to reverse it so it wasnt difficult, just heavy (591 lbs)! The pto box had to be removed and flipped over. A snap ring and washer had to be swapped to the opposite side. The drain plug and filler vent had to change places, then it was reinstalled. The hardest part was reversing the tine shaft, mainly because it is heavy. Id say it weighs in around 100 lbs. Getting it lined up and mated to the end flanges was tough on a cold stone floor. Once it was all back together I did the rest of the assembly, mostly braces and shields. All thats left to do tomorrow is tighten a few bolts, add the pto shaft and guard, and fill it with oil. I figured by firing it up everything in the boxes will be oil covered til I can use it... probably 3 months! Now I can take off the 3 pt carry all and put the weights back on, just in time for the big storm.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks heavy duty! Good luck with it and let us know how it does!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Looks good and congrats on getting what you wanted!

I had to look twice at the first picture. I thought "what the heck kind of tiller mount is that???" and then realized you had it on your carryall. I'd better start drinking stronger coffee in the mornings! :laugh:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I'm sure you'll love it!

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Looks good and congrats on getting what you wanted!

I had to look twice at the first picture. I thought "what the heck kind of tiller mount is that???" and then realized you had it on your carryall. I'd better start drinking stronger coffee in the mornings! :laugh:
:lolol:

That's a good tiller, I'm sure you will be happy.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got it all finished up today. Added gear oil and had to take about 4 inches off the pto shaft. Its tight quarters putting it on but all set. I expected it to clatter like the snow blower does but its very tight, quiet, and smooth. I ran it up to 540 but didnt put it in the ground. Disconnected it in the shop where it can sit til April. I put my Heavy Hitch and weights back on so now Im all set for the snow storm...but looking forward to tilling weather!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts
Finally got it all finished up today. Added gear oil and had to take about 4 inches off the pto shaft. Its tight quarters putting it on but all set. I expected it to clatter like the snow blower does but its very tight, quiet, and smooth. I ran it up to 540 but didnt put it in the ground. Disconnected it in the shop where it can sit til April. I put my Heavy Hitch and weights back on so now Im all set for the snow storm...but looking forward to tilling weather!
Good luck with your new tool! I've got its big brother, the 60" wide version. It's fitted to both the 3320 and the 2032R and luckily the driveshaft length works equally well with either rig.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Reactions: PJR832 and Jet Dr.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Have you reversed it? If so, were you happy with the difference?
Guess you did not read his entire first post? :unknown: :hide:

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Haha I WROTE the first post!! I was asking Superglidezport if HE had reversed the "big brother" that he owns.
:bigthumb:

I knew all along. :laugh:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
385 Posts
Haha I WROTE the first post!! I was asking Superglidezport if HE had reversed the "big brother" that he owns.
Whoopsie,.... :hide:

Sorry.

Jeff

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats on the new tiller, Hiwire! Coincidentally, I just picked up the 60" County Line version (Tarter RT5) last week as well before the snow. One thing i noticed on mine is both the top and side gearbox vent plugs were stuck closed and couldn't breath. Had to use some penetrant and small punch and tap with hammer to get those working. Hard to say what could happen if too much pressure buildup in those gearboxes. Suspect the seals would be first to go. I like the reverse rotation option too but am going to hold off until get things tilled up once. Not sure if it will matter but thinking that going forward will bounce over any tree roots and such instead of trying to go under them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Both good points. Thank you for mentioning. Im going to check those vents. I have to check the Woods rotary cutter also. Im crossing my fingers on the reversing. I figured it would be easier to do before final assembly so I just went ahead. Most of the people that have tried both seem to prefer the reverse andsd itll never be easier than when its new. Good luck with your new tiller too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts