Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Different grill guards too.
Good eye.
Normally I notice that sort of thing Right off.
I didn’t this time, I didn’t realize that till you pointed it out.
The 14, had some sort of front hitch on it when I bought it, I had the dealer remove it and get a new brush guard to put it back original. I bet that guard on the 14 could be same asa 21’. It may have originally came with one like is on the 11.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Check out this loader accumulator.

View attachment 785085
I put a bucket on the 2011 and tried this LSS feature out tonight.
Wow, holly cow that system really works.
‘By far the smoothest loader tractor I have ever ran.
Now I am wondering what that option cost to have added to the other 2014 5M. Or if it can be added to the other tractor. Wow, I am just very impressed with the LSS feature.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I pulled dumb move last night. In hurry to get a bucket on the 2011 and try it out for a few hours before it got dark.
I failed to put my dirt plugs in my 3rd function loader ports after removing the grapple and putting a bucket on.

The 2011 ports are mounted under the cross bar facing forward, where the 2014 are on top of the bar facing sideways. I have never had this happen before even when I have forgot to put the plugs in.

Until now, when I noticed last night I had packed those two scv ports full of dirt. .

I cleaned then out as best I could, then tried to flush them out a few times with WD-40. I still think there could be more dirt packed up in there.

What’s the best way or what’s best to use to flush/clean these scv ports out ?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,238 Posts
I would alternate WD-40 and compressed air to get them clean.

·
Administrator
22,935 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I put a bucket on the 2011 and tried this LSS feature out tonight.
Wow, holly cow that system really works.
‘By far the smoothest loader tractor I have ever ran.
Now I am wondering what that option cost to have added to the other 2014 5M. Or if it can be added to the other tractor. Wow, I am just very impressed with the LSS feature.
JD will be happy to sell you as many LSS as you want. Install instructions will recommend nitrogen charge psi for the accumulator (depending on anticipated loads). They are shipped uncharged.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
My new to me Goodworks Tractor barn find 73 hour 2011/12 5115M arrived last night around 11pm, it was right at midnight when we finally had it unloaded and pulled into the barn.

Looks just like new, very impressed so far with the Tractors condition. It looks just as good in person as it did in the video.

I did have to pull those front fenders off right away.
Not really a fan of those, took them off the other one right way too.
I suppose if I was doing a lot of field work and having to road the tractor at high speeds with mud and or other debris stuck in the tires, I would appreciate them. I know with my other 5115M, I rarely ever see any more then 6-7 mph.
I also really just prefer seeing exactly where I putting my front tires, especially on uneven terrain and especially when caring a lot of weight on the loader.

Looking forward to making a lot of comparisons between the two, and learning the differences in the transmissions.
The 2014 has the 32/16 transmission, the 2011 has the crawler optioned 16/16 transmission.
You notice right off the tires are different.
I do like the shorter rear 30" tires on the 2011 and the wider front tires on the 2014. Already know with the Nokian hybrid turf radials that I have coming, one is getting that set for sure, undesided what I want to do on the long tire setup for the other one.

View attachment 785061 View attachment 785062
View attachment 785067 View attachment 785070 View attachment 785071

Question ???
Anyone know what this is ????
View attachment 785073
In pic #6 are you using a quick hitch on your 5 series and if so which one? Cat 1 or Cat 2? Very nice stable you have there.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
In pic #6 are you using a quick hitch on your 5 series and if so which one? Cat 1 or Cat 2? Very nice stable you have there.
Thanks !
The 5Ms come ready for Cat 2. But I bought the bushing kit and the 2014 has a Cat 1 I match on it. The 2011 came with an aftermarket quick hitch that i have not taken the ballast box off yet to check, but I suspect it is likely a cat 2. I kept my i-match cat 1 with kenny‘s tool boxes from my 4720 with plans of putting it on the 2011 5115M.

I do like this big ballast box, I need to look to see if it’s I-match cat 1 compatible.
If the box is cat 2 that would still only make 2 of all my attachments that are cat 2 compatible , I believe my big land plane can be setup either way Cat 1 or 2. So I hope the box is cat 1 compable as well and I will stick with my plans of putting the cat1 I-match on the 2011 as well.

Reactions: Deere1

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
The aftermarket quick hitch is a cat 2.

Spent 10 hours this weekend in the 2011, moving dirt. Just can’t say enough about the LSS feature. I am really impressed with it, smooth is an understatement, and for some reason it feels incredibly stable even with heaping bucket full. Just night and day better then other 5115M that doesn’t have the LSS, not yet anyway. Lol

Also spent about 4 hours in the 2014 5115M and another 2-3 hours in the 4066R.

I will say I love the 5M’s larger cab’s, seat’s, overall power, and Lift capacity, stability.
on the negative side of things, its much more challenging hooking up loader attachments, and 3pt hitch attachments, draw bar attachments, etc.etc. Really makes one appreciate the e-hydro trans in the 4066R.

I learned now that I have these manual geared trans tractors, that keeping my loader and 3pt attachments parked on level ground is now a must.
Never thought about it before when all my tractors were controlled with hydrostatic transmissions that a hooking up to implements that were parked on a slight incline/hill, was just never an issue.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The 5115Ms gots some new shoes today.
The 4720 I had traded off had a set of galaxy hybrid turf radials that I never got the chance to install or use on the 4720, turned out to be a good fit for use as front tires on the 2011 5115M.

The 2014 got it’s new Nokian radials mounted up And installed as well.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
It would be interesting to know how your Galaxy hybrid turf will handle wet soil. Yrs back I owned a Ford 3000 2WD with rear regular type turf tires that I utilized only for pulling a hay rake. That tractor got stuck trying to cross over a wet spot many times over the yrs I utilized it.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
It would be interesting to know how your Galaxy hybrid turf will handle wet soil. Yrs back I owned a Ford 3000 2WD with rear regular type turf tires that I utilized only for pulling a hay rake. That tractor got stuck trying to cross over a wet spot many times over the yrs I utilized it.
I have them on my 2025R and the Carlisle versa turfs on my x758. They don’t like mud at all, but wet grass/turf has never been an issue.

I kept the R1s on the year, just wanted something on the front that wouldn’t rip up the grass everywhere I turned the tractor. I thought since I already had these galaxy tires setting there and they were only about an inch taller then the R1 fronts, I would give them a try.

The wheel weights from the 2014 were transferred over to the 2011 R1s yesterday as well as the liquid ballast that was in the galaxy tires was also transferred over to the R1s on the back of the 2011. They are coming back to top off the R1s on the 2011 and fill the Nokian's on the back of the 2014.

The added weight est. 2600lbs to the back tires and wheels of the 2011's R1s and still having a that wide R1 tread, should give it some excellent traction in most any situation, the galaxy’s up front should still offer decent front wheel assistance in anything but tacky mud, where I just hope the weighted rear R1s are enough to negate any issues.

I hope to get some seat time this weekend with both these new tire setups on the 5Ms.
Excited to see how they ride and what sort of traction I have as well as want to see if they do what I was shooting for, by not tearing up the turf every time I turn the tractor around.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Whoo-hoo , finally on a roll with getting all the final touches wrapped up on these 5Ms. Tires installed yesterday, and now today when my dealer finished delivering the new 2025R today that I had helped them sell to one of my employees.

They stopped by my place after and finally got my interior panels installed for me.
I had been looking at a couple big holes where the buddy seat use to be in the 2014 5M and still banging my knee on that buddy seat that was still in my 2011 5M .

Both tractor are now without buddy seats and all the holes in the interior fender trim panels have been taken care of.

This plus the tires yesterday, just has me stoked to get these machines out for some playtime this weekend / I mean work . LOL

2014 Fixed !

2011 also now Fixed !

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice machines! I have a 2012 5085M loaded with all options, including the LSS and the large Michelin tires. I agree it makes carrying a heavy load much smoother than without it. On mine, there is an electric button in the cab (you can make it out in the parts diagram above) to turn it on and off as opposed to a manual handle. I believe they changed a lot of stuff for the 2012 model year, including adding a transparent sunroom.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Nice machines! I have a 2012 5085M loaded with all options, including the LSS and the large Michelin tires. I agree it makes carrying a heavy load much smoother than without it. On mine, there is an electric button in the cab (you can make it out in the parts diagram above) to turn it on and off as opposed to a manual handle. I believe they changed a lot of stuff for the 2012 model year, including adding a transparent sunroom.
Interesting there is very little differences in my 11 and 14, both have the sunroof. The interior upholstery is different.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I dug up this article that talks about some of the changes for '12:

There is mention of the loader window and corner post exhaust stack being introduced with the re-design along with a bunch of other stuff. The article is dated September 2011, so perhaps you have a very late 11 that includes the changes although the article states the new version of the 5M will be available in early '12. I took delivery of mine in June I believe after almost a 6 month wait.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

There is mention of the loader window and corner post exhaust stack being introduced with the re-design along with a bunch of other stuff. The article is dated September 2011, so perhaps you have a very late 11 that includes the changes although the article states the new version of the 5M will be available in early '12. I took delivery of mine in June I believe after almost a 6 month wait.
Good article, based on that I need to try and decode my VIN, I am thinking what I had thought to be a 2011, may actually be a 2012.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
After pulling my X758 out o the pond where I for some dumb reason got it stuck. Lol
I used the 5M to pull it out. While it was outside i shot a few better pics of her with her new front galaxy hybrid turf radial tires.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The 5M got about 8 hours of dirt and grave work this weekend.
The galaxy hybrid turf radials are working out great with the R1s on the back.
Really liking this combo. Have similar radial tire setup ordered for the 4066R as well.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Well last week I was having to put a detailed equipment list together for my Insurance agent.
I called my vin into my Deere dealer. Turns out, that it is not an 11 or a 12, it’s actually a 2013 Model.
That probably explains why other then interior fabrics it’s exactly like my 2014 5115M.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.