Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at last this morning Anderson Lawn & Garden in Rocky Mount,VA delivered my new X300 with a 48" deck. They did a great job of setting it up & it had a nearly full tank of non-Ethanol gas:bigthumb: I immediately gave it an hour workout and love it. I am replacing a cursed 2009 CC LTX-1040 with a 42" "timed deck" (they should exile the engineer responsible for that monstrosity to Antarctica. That thing ate blades & timing belts like there was no tomorrow.) Anyway, I'm impressed with the quality feel & quality of cut on my yard.
I be a very happy camper!
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,825 Posts
Congratulations:thumbup1gif:
I really like the looks of the air flow seat too. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride:

Nice looking and will have to agree with Gizmo , like the looks of the seat.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The x300 is a good unit. I really like the steering. Nice warranty too. What is it now.. 4yrs? Sweet.
The only major recurring problem I see with the x3 series and x5 series is the ignition interlock module. It controls the PTO and spark. It may fail, due to voltage spikes, when you jump start or charge battery (with cables connected to battery) If you HAVE to jump start, I would suggest you connect to the tractor first and connect the ground to the engine. When charging, at more than a couple amps, disconnect the negative cable before hooking up. Battery tenders wont be a problem. Other than that, rock solid unit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on your new X300 ... think you will be pleased with it over the long haul. Am jealous of your swivel deck wheels ... I pull the deck every fall to put the snowblower on my X320 and cuss myself out for not getting them.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
jc21,

I have several decks with the gauge wheels that do not swivel and find the little 'piano dollies' seem to be quite helpful...just place one under each wheel. They are low profile enough to not need to raise the tractor, and they don't take up much room when you are not using them, since they can be stacked.

3 Wheel Mover's Dolly

My X304 does not have the larger deck as we needed the 42 inch one to get around and through the trees on our last place -- but I did add small rear gauge wheels the did not interfere with the AWS on that model.

deck ready to mow with wheel added.jpg mounted anti-scalp wheel.jpg clearance for AWS and bagger.jpg

Chuck

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,928 Posts
Congrats on the new 300!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
jc21,

I have several decks with the gauge wheels that do not swivel and find the little 'piano dollies' seem to be quite helpful...just place one under each wheel. They are low profile enough to not need to raise the tractor, and they don't take up much room when you are not using them, since they can be stacked.

3 Wheel Mover's Dolly

My X304 does not have the larger deck as we needed the 42 inch one to get around and through the trees on our last place -- but I did add small rear gauge wheels the did not interfere with the AWS on that model.

View attachment 49261 View attachment 49262 View attachment 49263

Chuck
Could be that I'm doing something wrong but I find that I have to jack the rear of the tractor up to get the deck (48") to go under without snagging something underneath. Usually I jack it up and place a couple of small jackstands at the rear to support it- for me it really helps pulling the deck either out or in under the tractor and it makes it easier putting the tire chains on for winter. Even at that it sometimes it still is a bit of a pain. I do have a couple of hardwood dollies I store, depending on the season, the blower or mower deck on so I can roll them out of the way easily. It's been a great tractor- I just turned over 810 hours (still on the original traction/ drive belt!) but after almost 8 seasons and at 62 and recovering from a separated shoulder and broken leg, I'm getting too old for this stuff. I see a SCUT/CUT with a three point/iMatch and a drive over deck (hopefully) in my future. That said, if it's anything like my X320 I think the OP will be well pleased with his X300 over the long haul- it has proven to be long lived and reliable and a great little workhorse. That it's comfortable, easy to get off and on of and cuts great doesn't hurt either:good2:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
JC21,

Sorry to hear about your shoulder and leg difficulties. At 70+ I am fortunate to still be able to get down to work on these machines -- getting back up is not what it used to be however... :lol:

Here is a section from the full TM2308 service manual for x300 series machines covering the decks. Your deck is most likely the 48C from your description. I don't have the owner's manual for a 320 but maybe this tech section will give you some clues on how to install and remove your deck with less struggle.

View attachment Mower decks from TM2308 small file.pdf

The online manual has some discussion and illustrations on installing and removing the various decks as well...

Service Mower

Chuck

·
Registered
34 Posts
JC21,

-- getting back up is not what it used to be however... :lol:
You've got that right!!! Getting off the garage floor is the problem but as long as I have something to grab I'm o.k- not a pretty sight but I manage .... I'm getting better but not fast enough to suit me, lol. Makes me miss the lift at the shop I worked at some years ago. Working at a standing height makes things a lot easier.

Many thanks for the link and info. I'm pretty sure my issue is deck height- I cut at 4" and as a result my gage wheels are set pretty low meaning the deck sits higher on the wheels when it's on the garage floor. My deck is bit different than the one shown in the link- all four gage wheels have to be unbolted in order to change the height (which is why I don't bother) and it doesn't use j-pins to connect to the lift arms. A setup like OP Khakee's would make life a lot easier in the fall and spring but eight years ago I didn't know any better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
jc21,

3 Wheel Mover's Dolly

View attachment 49261 View attachment 49262 View attachment 49263

Chuck
I might have to order 4 of those! That's a good idea! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Congratulations:thumbup1gif:
I really like the looks of the air flow seat too. Good luck with it.
You would like the air flow seat!! :laugh:

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good investment on this end. I am @ 157 hrs as of today on my x300. I had to do valve adjustments at 120 because starter wasn't turning it over anymore. Runs like a new one and have no complaints. Congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts