Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey GTT Folks,

I've just been able to finish my latest home remodel and this one involved my tractors. No, not my 1026R (it's been busy cutting grass) but my 1/16 scale models that I've collected for the past 25+ years. I had a large open space between two built-in bookcases in my home that I've always wanted to convert into a built-in display case. It finally happened. The case is comprised of four 12"x101"x1/4" tempered glass shelves. The doors are also 1/4" tempered glass with two sitting in a front track and one sitting in the rear track of a two track guide. Check out the photos below:

Overall Case:

Top Left:

Top Center:

Top Right:

Bottom Left:

Bottom Center:

Bottom Right:

The top center tractors are actually made of wood! A gentleman named Doug Goff who owns WoodNTractors.com built them for me in 2007 and 2008. He does not appear to be accepting any additional orders at present but he has many photos of his work on his website. You can get a good look at them in the photos below and can see a photo of the barn that donated the wood for the display case. The wood used as a backdrop was salvaged from an old barn that was constructed by my great-grandfather in the late 1930s. My father and I salvaged the wood after part of the barn collapsed during a spring storm in West Georgia in 2011. Each plank varies in thickness from 1/2" to 1" with most being 5" in width. The framed picture is a newspaper clipping from a story that a local paper did on the barn a few years back.

For those in the hobby, you'll recognize the other models as being from the Ertl Precision Classics Series and the Ertl Precision Key Series. The yellow Deere's are from the Two Cylinder Club's industrial tractors collection.

·
Administrator
17,110 Posts
WOW:good2:

·
Administrator
20,293 Posts
I had to wipe up the drool...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
That is an awesome collection!:thumbup1gif:

Greg

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That collection is great, and an excellent way to display it!
What is the model with the red cultivators? It looks like maybe an A or a GP.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That collection is great, and an excellent way to display it!
What is the model with the red cultivators? It looks like maybe an A or a GP.
Thanks for all the great feedback! The model with the red cultivators is an Unstyled Model A with the 290 Cultivator circa ~1937. It is number 2 in the Ertl Precision Classics collection but was my first precision model and the one that made me catch the collecting bug. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awsome collection of Deere Precision tractors! I have a decent collection of Deere toys myself! Are you going to get the Precision 4450 in the new Elite series? I will tell you this, the 4450 with MFWD Precision is Awsome and is one of my favourite models!

Jason B

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awsome collection of Deere Precision tractors! I have a decent collection of Deere toys myself! Are you going to get the Precision 4450 in the new Elite series? I will tell you this, the 4450 with MFWD Precision is Awsome and is one of my favourite models!

Jason B
It's on my list Jason. With the recent quality control problems with Ertl models I've been waiting on first production runs to exhaust before taking the plung. I'd like to get the standard and the chase unit (with MFWD). That's partly why I left some extra space on that bottom shelf. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very Nice collection!

What model tractor is carrying the corn picker?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
AWESOME! I have a couple, but they are the cheap ones and displayed in my barn so they are all dusty. That showcase alone is very impressive:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very Nice collection!

What model tractor is carrying the corn picker?
It's a 4020 Diesel. It is number 14 in the Ertl Precision Classics line. The corn picker is a model 237.

·
Registered
489 Posts
very nice collection. I have one of those in the same condition but all my other ones are now my kids toys. Its nice to see them able to play with my toys I had at their age and they still provide the same amout of pleasure, 30+ years later. I do have to say, they don't make them like they used to, too much plastic on the new ERTL tractors.

·
127 Posts
Thats awesome. I had had something similar to that until my father got a divorce and my ex step mother took it all! Bummed I won't be able to pass it all on to my kids. I had a lot of Ertl tractors and planes too. Never seen any of it again! Great collection though! Thanks for sharing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts