Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to start previous owner had a wood tie wall that over the last 10-13years was failing and collapsing forward. Here it was beforehand
Sky Building Plant Tree Wood

Also they previous owner had a stamped concrete patio installed incorrectly was not properly graded and no real sub base so it was also failing and causing the house to flood during heavy rain storms.

So I started down this path by first renting a Home Depot tractor and then rented another from private party locally.
Window Wood Building Shade Fixture

Plant Road surface Tree Slope Asphalt

Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire Road surface Tree

Sky Tree Road surface Land lot Wood

Plant Plant community Slope Wood Land lot

So I got the wall ripped out and started tearing up the patio. But with limited time frame on the rental had also had bad rain while I had it rented turned into a mudbog even get the rental stuck for a little bit. So I decided to get my own tractor and picked up the 1025r.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Plant

Plant Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

And put ole green to use right away. We have also been under severe drought in Utah so now I have ripped up my entire back yard figured will xeriscape my entire property. Have had my sprinkler system shut off since July of 2021.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tractor Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Fixed my one shed the previous owner had buried the back side with dirt and was causing it to rot. So dug it out jacked it up replaced the rotted out wood. Moved it forward a little to a better location and then built a retaining wall with drainage to keep the water away from it.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface Automotive design Asphalt

Wood Building Road surface Asphalt Grass

Then I continued on with the patio removal and built a pad for my 2nd shed. You can see how much of the dirt had eroded away under the patio by the window well it was nuts I can’t believe how poorly it was built!

Wood Brickwork Brick Gas Concrete

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tire Vehicle

Sky Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Building

Here is the patio finally removed and I have not dug out any dirt around the house that was all from erosion!

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Automotive tire

Wood Building Floor Brickwork Flooring

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My wife then wanted to add an underground trampoline for the kids. So dug me a hole, and a trench to run power out to it.
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Rectangle

Tire Plant Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Sky

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Asphalt

In hindsight should have finished my wall before the tramp went in because it has made working on the wall in that area a lot more difficult.

But started excavating for my new terraced retaining wall.
Asphalt Tree Road surface Land lot Slope

Sky Photograph Bicycle White Tire

Slope Tree Road surface Asphalt Landscape

Sky Cloud Tree Asphalt Grass

So I now have been at this project for over a year working on it after work and weekends so it has taken awhile. We decided to hire someone to install the wall and new paver patio. So I could focus on finishing the front yard portions.

Got my park strip done with a new drip system for the trees and rocks placed as the installer came in to work on the back yard portion.

Automotive lighting Branch Plant Shade Road surface

Sky Wheel Plant Hood Road surface

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sooooo the installer starts on the new retaining wall and first put it up with NO back fill and I was like ummmm what. He takes and down does it again and it’s completely wrong again and leaning towards the house. 🤦‍♂️ so let him go wasn’t about to give him a 3rd try and decide to go back to doing it my self.

I wanted to get it done quicker but when I know how it should be done and the quality I expect it becomes difficult to communicate that.

If you want something done right do it yourself.

Slope Tree Asphalt Bedrock Composite material

Train Azure Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Sky Asphalt Land lot Road surface Font

So I ended up ripping down what he had done and started over.

This time the results are much better.
Plant Slope Asphalt Road surface Tree

Sky Cloud Tree Asphalt Track

Sky Slope Cloud Asphalt Bedrock

Sky Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Plant

Sky Vehicle Plant Automotive tire Architecture

Sky World Watercourse Bedrock Landscape

Definitely been giving this little tractor a work out. I have 34 pallets of materials and the paver pallets are over 3000lb if I down load them to 1/3 I can barely get them up. And now without paying for the installation using that money towards tools I am going to need for the job. Like this stihl 420TS 14” blade concrete saw $1300 bad boy and a high end high reviewed $300 diamond blade that should be arriving today.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

in regards to the tractor. Was thinking of renting when I was finished to pay for it. Or just sell it but it has been so handy don’t think I would every want to get rid of it I am a bit of a tool whore. Owned a small business before got sick of the stress and hours so doubt I will do that again.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
😬 gracious! that is a huge project!

With that water problem it will all be worth it when done. Water problems are no fun. Keep posting pictures of the progress. Wow, big job!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yikes, that is a drainage issue for sure. That is really a good "sales" picture of that window, not much leaking inside considering the amount of water on the outside.

I like the forethought on saving the top responses so you can make a nice story in the end. Good luck, looks like it will be pretty rewarding when your done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Made some more progress. Lots of heavy lifting that has to be done by hand tractor can only do so much lol

Wood Road surface Asphalt Tree Grass

Sky Cloud Tree Composite material Asphalt

Cloud Sky Natural landscape Road surface Grass

Road surface Asphalt Grass Tree Tints and shades

Ran out of clean gravel backfill so had to make another rock yard run with the dump trailer. But got to my final course and much better than before

Tire Automotive tire Hood Sky Motor vehicle

Sky Cloud Tree Composite material Asphalt

Threw some cap on just to get and idea of the look
picked up more rock yesterday so still need to finish backfilling then cutting and gluing the caps down.
Road surface Asphalt Tree Wood Sky

Then will start the 2nd terrace wall. Was also taking some grade measurements last night and realized to make my new patio driveway (tractor way lol) strong so I can drive on it going to have to excavate a lot more dirt than I originally anticipated.

It’s going to be approx 860-900sq feet paver patio with fire a pit.
And for driveway strong you need a good 8” of roadbase will have 1” bedding material and the paver is aprox 2.5” so I am going to need to go down a entire foot from the house foundation in order to keep my 1/8 pitch away from the house for proper water run off.

and ole Johny is at 198hrs now. I purchased a 200hr service kit but one more thing I need to get done.

·
Administrator
25,293 Posts
Great project! That is impressive!

Saving "spots" won't help, after 12 hours you cant edit post's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great project! That is impressive!

Saving "spots" won't help, after 12 hours you cant edit post's.
oh didn’t know that. Oh well. Pretty much got the thread caught up to current about to head out and start working on project hard scape. Guess I will just update the thread as I go from here.

·
Premium Member
20,806 Posts
Looking good

·
Administrator
25,293 Posts
Guess I will just update the thread as I go from here.
Yes, and when you do that anyone watching the thread will get a notification, and it he post will show up in everyone feed too since it will be up top on the first page of NEW POSTS. If you edit a post and don't make a new reply, no one will likely know, especially once it falls off the first page.

·
Premium Member
10,990 Posts
Someone has been a busy bee. Nice work. Didn’t know Home Depot rents tractors out lol. Nice saw. That one’s a beast

Reactions: tj1 and JR Diyer

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
47,023 Posts
Well to start previous owner had a wood tie wall that over the last 10-13years was failing and collapsing forward.
That is one MASSIVE project you got going. Yes I'm impressed also.
NICE work and a lot of it.

Reactions: tj1 and DRobinson

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,514 Posts
Well done, glad you started the separate thread of your project......that was a great idea....! (y)

I can't imagine what the guy you hired was thinking, apparently, he wasn't......

Just curious, what was the small business you owned before and what type of work do you do now? No need for a gym membership with that manual lifting of the wall blocks, what are they, about 60 to 80 pounds each?

Geo grid use, socked back drain, compacted back fill, grade shot correctly, Yep, you are doing it right.......Nice to see........Looking forward to more.....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts