Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built a garage a while back, and ended up finishing it off house like inside, so wanted a place to keep the dirty stuff so I had Carolina carports throw this up. I never liked the idea of my stuff sitting outside, didn't want in in my clean shop area to trip over, and don't like the cluttered look of lean to's, so this is what I came up with. It's 24x22, and I removed all top soil, brought back to grade with gravel (you have NO idea how much lol)and build a little loft in the back. Overall I am pleased and it does what I want it to do. Left the front open to easy access, and not sure if I close it up or not... thinking not- and it hasn't blown away yet! Lol! I can always do it later, and want to wait and decide whether to add on and make it deeper when I close it in. I see local ones closed in, and if uncemented, critters are always digging under, and they all sweat like pigs, so I'm leaning on just leaving it open. It's nothing fancy, but suits my needs of getting stuff out of the weather. The loft really opens up the space and allows quite a bit of stuff to be put under cover. Tractor still resides in the heated shop, of course! :)Hope you enjoy. Any questions, I'm happy to help!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is a very nice looking storage shed, the loft is a great way to double your storage and keep it neat. :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,686 Posts
That looks great. Loft storage is an excellent use of space for attachments, and an even greater excuse for some forks

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
I see nothing wrong with your storage shed. :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
13,324 Posts
I like it :good2:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice.

What model is the Cub Cadet?
It's a hand me down 1861 cub cadet with 600hrs on the tach from 10 years ago! Time goes by, but she never gets any older! It's has its quirks- don't THINK about turning it off once warm, or she will not start proper for months... only one start per day, little petal jiggle to get started, and she ate the tranny dipstick (literally) but she will not quit! I've always been a fan of that series of mower... eyes always peeled for a clean 62 or 64 for the power steering, but this works well. Used to cut about an acre around the house, and the 3520 handles the rest. What's funny is the club cadet, haha, outstripes all of the neighbors fancy zeros! Haha!

Now that I reread the above, I probably should pull her into the shop and give her some attention. Just not sure how she'd react! Lol

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Looks good! My wife has been after me to build a garage for Betsy and my truck so she can have her spot back in the garage. The truck is too big for the garage we have now. I really like how much room you have still:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Very nice and well organized!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good! My wife has been after me to build a garage for Betsy and my truck so she can have her spot back in the garage. The truck is too big for the garage we have now. I really like how much room you have still:thumbup1gif:
If the wife is on board, what is holding you up???? Lol

My shop build is top notch, footer, 2x6 stick, 12ga wire, upstairs, 5/8 drywall, yadada yada yada, and serves its place- but at a cost.... where the shed is as cheap as you can imagine, but does serve its purpose. For those getting ready to build, choose all options wisely. Too many folks here go for cheap like my shed then try to finish it.... next to impossible to seal these up, insulate, and stope from sweating. each have their place though.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
If the wife is on board, what is holding you up???? Lol

My shop build is top notch, footer, 2x6 stick, 12ga wire, upstairs, 5/8 drywall, yadada yada yada, and serves its place- but at a cost.... where the shed is as cheap as you can imagine, but does serve its purpose. For those getting ready to build, choose all options wisely. Too many folks here go for cheap like my shed then try to finish it.... next to impossible to seal these up, insulate, and stope from sweating. each have their place though.
It's not that easy for me. I have to put in a retaining wall so I can divert the water that runs down behind the house and floods the lawn. We get all of the neighbors run off when we have a lot of rain or snow melt. The way the house sits in the corner of the property and the rules of the Township make it challenging too. So hopefully by springtime I will be fully recovered from back surgery and I can start the whole process. A lot has to happen when the snow melts... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts